Windows 10: Laptop won't set up

Discus and support Laptop won't set up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my laptop by clearing all my files, now if I go back to Start it won't. It shows [IMG]going on like this and after five minutes my laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mifino, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Mifino Win User

Laptop won't set up

I reset my laptop by clearing all my files, now if I go back to Start it won't. It shows Laptop won't set up [​IMG]going on like this and after five minutes my laptop is restarting again and same message shows again

:)

Mifino, Feb 3, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop won't set up [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Laptop won't set up

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Laptop won't set up

1. Laptop won't set up - Similar Threads - Laptop won't set

2. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  3. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  4. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.: I bought a new laptop recently and want to log in with my microsoft account the first time. I do so and successfully sign in. It then promts me to enter set up a pin. I press next button. It then tells me that I cannot setup a pin or has failed. I click on skip for now. Then...
  6. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  7. Setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up laptop: In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator and account holder. How do I change that to his name as administrator - I don’t think he’s got a Microsoft account as his old...
  8. Laptop Won't Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Won't Boot Up: Every time I login, a blue screen with this in it pops up: C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" After this, my laptop won't do anything. What can I do?...
  9. Clipboard settings won't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard settings won't show up: Hi, I've upgraded to Windows October 2018 update, but the new Clipboard settings won't show up in Windows Settings. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-settings-wont-show-up/65bbe5ae-c670-4001-abf7-11ff5dfdb91b
  10. New SSD Won't Set Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD Won't Set Up: Haven't done this in a while so not sure if I missed a step. I have a new SSD and Win 10 sees it in the admin tools but all options to format, partition are grayed out. 76972