Windows 10: Laptop won’t show apps and cursor keeps loading

Discus and support Laptop won’t show apps and cursor keeps loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I login into my laptop, it just shows a blank screen with my screensaver but no apps. On the bottom bit of the desktop where the main apps show,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mili.t, May 26, 2020.

1. mili.t Win User

Laptop won’t show apps and cursor keeps loading

When I login into my laptop, it just shows a blank screen with my screensaver but no apps. On the bottom bit of the desktop where the main apps show, the cursor shows the blue loading sign but on the rest it doesn’t. This has gone on for just over a week.

The only thing that fixes it, is by turning it into safe mode then taking it out of safe mode again and even then most of the apps don’t work and when I try to upload an attachment onto my email or google classroom it doesn’t work.

Google chrome has stopped working too - when I try to search for something, the tabs just keep loading and won’t stop. Guest mode only works but not completely as I can’t access google meet and again can’t attach any files. This issue with google chrome started around the same time as the problem with the apps.

Originally a bit before these problems started, when I logged into my laptop the screen would go black and I could only see my cursor so I forced shut down and turned it back on again and it worked.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to fix this, I have already tried running the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files and it said it did it successfully but it didn’t change, it actually made my laptop slower.

If you need any more info, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Mili

:)

mili.t, May 26, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 26, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Laptop won’t show apps and cursor keeps loading [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop won’t show apps and cursor keeps loading - Similar Threads - Laptop won’t show

2. Mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently: Iv noticed that no matter what im doing the mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently as if its processing something whether my pc is sitting idle or browsing or if im watching a movie. How do I figure out whats causing this and stop it?...
  3. Mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently: Iv noticed that no matter what im doing the mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently as if its processing something whether my pc is sitting idle or browsing or if im watching a movie. How do I figure out whats causing this and stop it?...
  4. Cursor keeps loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor keeps loading: My cursor keeps loading on windows 11, when i restart windows explorer it stops loading for 10 seconds, then starts again...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-keeps-loading/57831170-da44-426d-9349-ae9c77c886ca
  5. Cursor keeps loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor keeps loading: My cursor keeps loading on windows 11, when i restart windows explorer it stops loading for 10 seconds, then starts again...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-keeps-loading/57831170-da44-426d-9349-ae9c77c886ca
  6. Loading symbol next to cursor keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loading symbol next to cursor keeps flickering: Hi, recently, I have found my cursor to keep blinking. It has suddenly appeared, and I don't know how to fix it.Specs: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz8.00 GB 7.88 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorSystem: Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 21H1...
  7. laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop showing black screen with cursor then everything loads.: when i turn on my laptop and login i get a black screen with my cursor. after a while everything loads. sometimes videos i watch stop for a bit and games freeze. dont really know what is causing it. submitted by /u/oofoofoof333 [link] [comments]...
  8. apps won’t load show and mouse keeps loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps won’t load show and mouse keeps loading: whenever I turn on mu laptop it shows me my desktop screen but without all the apps and the mouse keeps loading. So when I press f9 it signs me out and I restart but then the screen just goes black and all I can see is my cursor, if not that then it shows the desktop screen...
  9. Cursor won’t show on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor won’t show on startup screen: [IMG]Im trying to fix my computer since it had no recovery system. Im at this screen and I need to use my cursor but it wont show up? I tried pressing fn and f9 together and other combinations but nothing worked. Help?...
  10. Cursor keeps loading forever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor keeps loading forever: I recently reset my computer. It was working perfectly after that. After reinstalling the programs, the cursor appears like loading something but it got stuck forever. I cannot click any icon, bar, anything, it just keep spinning. I tried restarting the computer but it...