Windows 10: Laptop won't sleep when charging

Discus and support Laptop won't sleep when charging in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about my Win 10 Pro V 1903 laptop. When this laptop is on battery and I put it to sleep, it disconnects from my wireless and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LHiggins, Aug 10, 2019.

1. LHiggins Win User

Laptop won't sleep when charging

Hello,

I have a question about my Win 10 Pro V 1903 laptop. When this laptop is on battery and I put it to sleep, it disconnects from my wireless and goes to sleep. That is what I want.

However, when it is charging, it will neither go to sleep, nor will it disconnect from the wireless. The white hard drive light continues blinking and the connection to the wireless remains.

How can I make this work the same whether on battery or when charging? I really don't want it connected when I am not using it and want it to sleep when I tell it to.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks!
    LH

:)

LHiggins, Aug 10, 2019

2. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Aug 10, 2019
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Laptop won't sleep when charging

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Laptop won't sleep when charging

1. Laptop won't sleep when charging - Similar Threads - Laptop won't sleep

2. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't sleep: Hi all,Currently I faced an issue that my laptop Window 10 won't sleep by pressing the power button, closing the lid, alt + f4 buttons and the power option at the start option. Anyone can help? Below are some of my settings. Windows version:Thanks in advance!...
  3. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't sleep: Hi all,Currently I faced an issue that my laptop Window 10 won't sleep by pressing the power button, closing the lid, alt + f4 buttons and the power option at the start option. Anyone can help? Below are some of my settings. Windows version:Thanks in advance!...
  4. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Won't Charge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Won't Charge: I've had an HP Omen laptop for a year and a half now. I recently updated to the newest windows 10 update and now it won't charge. I was able to get it to charge normally the other day, but it went back to saying "12% plugged in" and won't charge more than that. I've tried...
  6. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging: It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging (connected to power source). The Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). After the LED-flashing, for half a second there is a Windows-Screen stating "Locking". After that the PC goes into sleep mode (I...
  7. Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes sleeping when on 100% battery and charging: It only occurs when the Laptop is on 100% battery and charging connected to power source. The Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. After the LED-flashing, for half a second there is a Windows-Screen stating "Locking". After that the PC goes into sleep mode I can...
  8. My Laptop won't charge

My Laptop won't charge: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l9ols [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsa680/my_laptop_wont_charge/
  9. Laptop won't charge when Windows 10 is running.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't charge when Windows 10 is running.: It begins charging immediately when Windows is shut down. This has been happening for several months now. Suggestions found on Web don't help. New battery made no difference. Wondering if caused by something in Windows update....
  10. new laptop won't charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new laptop won't charge: i got a new hp laptop and it won't charge . i have tried unpluging it , taking out the battary , Moved from: Surface / Surface RT / Getting started. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-wont-charge/a9bb5820-c638-4b7a-87d1-d1188005cdbd