Windows 10: Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either!

Discus and support Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a surface book2 using windows 10. I went to turn on the computer this morning but it was sort of frozen - the password prompt to login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Agmlea, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Agmlea Win User

Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either!

Hi,

I have a surface book2 using windows 10. I went to turn on the computer this morning but it was sort of frozen - the password prompt to login wouldnt come up- although i could still move the mouse around clicking did nothing, nor did typing. So i held down the power button to power it off and the power it back on, but when i did an error screen in blue came up saying that the computer had been improperly powered off and that Incould try restarting or going to advanced options. I did the restart and the screen went black with the windows logo then said diagnosing computer or something to that effect. Then the blue screen again now saying" AUTOMATIC REPAIR - Your PC did not start correctly- Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC.

I kind of went through every possible option trying to reset the pc with saving my files and using my recovery key, and it says updating pc and then comes back to the advanced options screen and nothing happens. Then i tried the full factoey reset but the same thing happens. Everything just loops me back here and I don't know what else I can do.

I haven't used the command prompt - because I don't know any prompts....

Thank you in advance for help!!

:)

Agmlea, Jan 8, 2021

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jan 8, 2021
  3. rockmarko Win User
    My Xperia x1 wont start

I have a problem with my xperia, II returned the phone back to factory settings via hard reset and I start to install applications, some applications requires soft reset and I do that but my phone wont start anymore, it just appears Sony Ericsson
    logo and thats it. What I need to do please help.

rockmarko, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either! - Similar Threads - Laptop wont start

2. My pc wont start after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont start after factory reset: I started a factory reset on my pc a month ago and since then it has sat flashing from a loading screen to a black screen to a loading screen that says welcome then flashes for a split second a blue screen that says Installing 64% Please keep your computer on and plugged in....
  3. My pc wont start after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc wont start after factory reset: I started a factory reset on my pc a month ago and since then it has sat flashing from a loading screen to a black screen to a loading screen that says welcome then flashes for a split second a blue screen that says Installing 64% Please keep your computer on and plugged in....
  4. My pc wont start after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer wont start up after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont start up after a factory reset: Hi, I originally had issues with my headphones not connecting or being identified as my output device. I tried everything to fix the issue but I assumed it was a virus of some sort. I decided to factory reset my computer, windows 11, and now I'm stuck on the same loading...
  6. Computer wont start up after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont start up after a factory reset: Hi, I originally had issues with my headphones not connecting or being identified as my output device. I tried everything to fix the issue but I assumed it was a virus of some sort. I decided to factory reset my computer, windows 11, and now I'm stuck on the same loading...
  7. Factory reset, shut off halfway, wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset, shut off halfway, wont start: Okay so, i dont exactly know what my pc/monitor is, other than its an “ASUS” windows 8,- the problem, i was factory resetting it and my sibling turned it off before it finished resetting. It didnt get to install windows before it got reset so now it wont turn on, reboot, fix...
  8. Factory reset wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset wont work: Every time i try to factory reset It says there was a problem nothing was changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-wont-work/8338f755-8dc5-4fd9-99b4-30f3122a5c2e
  9. factory reset wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    factory reset wont work: I'm trying to factory reset my windows 10 hp laptop but it says I need additional space even though I ran disk cleanup and deleted all of my programs/files/apps. please help....
  10. Laptop wont reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop wont reset to factory settings.: I have a laptop that runs windows 10 and i try to reset it back to factory settings but when i do, it comes up with "There was a problem restarting your PC, no changes were saved." or something along those lines. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. I also do not...