Windows 10: Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

Discus and support Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Jcrm87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp127e/laptop_wont_start_if_unplugged_turns_off_when/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jcrm87, May 23, 2020.

1. /u/Jcrm87 Win User

Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

/u/Jcrm87, May 23, 2020

2. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Hi! so I have a question about something I did the other night. I was going to move my PC but before that, I had to shut it down. when choosing if I wanted to restart or shut down it said ``shut down and update´´. I pressed it and my computer went all quiet
    and had shut down or so I thought. obviously, I had to unplug the computer to move it so I unplugged it as soon as it shut down but now when I try to start it, it just won´t start up.

Note that I have not been able to try and hold the power button since it doesn't work on my computer, reasons unknown.

TimmyAndersson, May 23, 2020
  3. Laptop Shuts Down when Unplugged

Yes I did, but that didn't work either.

How do I drain my battery? My laptop won't stay on for longer than a couple minutes when unplugged.

Could you please list down the steps for solutions 4 and 5?

Really sorry for the inconvenience, really appreciate the help.

Ojasvi Pandya, May 23, 2020
  4. sizzla Win User

speaker unplugged ...???

I unplugged my headphones and when I want to uninstall it a window that opens and ask me if I also want to delete the device. should I do? I uninstalled without deleted, I rebooted but its still not working. it just happened that the optical audio devices that I have reactivated disabled

sizzla, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged - Similar Threads - Laptop won't start

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  6. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  7. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  8. Laptop switches off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop switches off when unplugged: Me and my brother's laptops were working perfectly before we updated it. When we updated it an issue came up where we can only use our laptops only when plugged in. If it isn't plugged in, it switches off. Also, even though its plugged in, every 15 seconds during gameplay...
  9. Windows laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Windows laptop turns off when unplugged: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are facing the problem where your Windows 10 laptop turns off when unplugged, even with a new Battery, then this post could be helpful for you. The most obvious reason for a laptop shutting down immediately after unplugging [...] This post Windows...
  10. Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter turns off when laptop is unplugged: So I wanted my laptop to connect to my 5GHz network because I heard that it doesn't interfere with bluetooth connections, but it couldn't detect my 5GHz network even though my phone could. I did some searching and I saw that someone's managed to detect it once he uninstalled...