Windows 10: Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

Discus and support Laptop won't start unless plugged in. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mitchell Fesser, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery power just fine. Things I have already triedLaptop won't start unless plugged in. :Disabling Fast StartupReinstalling the battery driverUsing powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0 to prevent the computer from shutting down because it couldn't communicate with the battery.

:)

Mitchell Fesser, Feb 1, 2023

2. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

I recently had the battery on my laptop (a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad) replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery power just fine.

Things I have already tried:

• Disabling Fast Startup
    • Reinstalling the battery driver
    • Using powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0 to prevent the computer from shutting down because it couldn't communicate with the battery.

Mitchell Fesser, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

Home screen won,t start tried reboot won't start either.

Home screen won,t start tried reboot still won't start?

ThomasHill_660, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

1. Laptop won't start unless plugged in. - Similar Threads - Laptop won't start

2. Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%: Hello! I had bought my laptop a little over 2 years ago. I had been playing a game on it and it shut off in the middle of it. After tinkering with it, it will not turn on or display the light on the power key unless it is plugged in. I made sure it was at full charge and the...
  3. Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%: Hello! I had bought my laptop a little over 2 years ago. I had been playing a game on it and it shut off in the middle of it. After tinkering with it, it will not turn on or display the light on the power key unless it is plugged in. I made sure it was at full charge and the...
  4. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  5. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  6. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't start unless plugged in.: I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery...
  8. Laptop won't start unless plugged in.

Laptop won't start unless plugged in.: I recently had the battery on my laptop a Lenovo T14s Thinkpad replaced, and have had problems with getting it to start. When I turn it on, it shuts itself off a few seconds into the startup screen unless it is connected to a charger. After startup it can run off battery...
  9. Asus Laptop Will not turn on unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Laptop Will not turn on unless plugged in: I am just wondering why my laptop doesn't work unless if it is plugged in. Its battery capacity is 22 792 from 38000mWh. I hope my concern will be addressed. Thank u so much.BATTERY 1NAMEASUS BatteryMANUFACTURERASUSTeKSERIAL NUMBER-CHEMISTRYLIonDESIGN CAPACITY38,000 mWhFULL...
  10. Lenovo Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in: My computer won't turn on unless its plugged into a power outlet connected to the charger. Even when the computer says its charged at 100%. Any advice on how to fix this?? Please help I'm not tech savvy at all....