Windows 10: Laptop won't Start

Discus and support Laptop won't Start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I was doing some task on Chrome browser when suddenly a blue screen error popped up and the PC automatically restarted. Before this, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Prataoy Kabya Bhowmik, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Laptop won't Start

Hello,

I was doing some task on Chrome browser when suddenly a blue screen error popped up and the PC automatically restarted. Before this, Windows automatically downloaded an update and required a restart to install the update. So while restarting with the blue screen error, my pc freezed and needed forced shut down. The PC freezed again and I had to force again for shut down. On this 2nd attempt, while it was forced for shut down something appeared for a flash of a second while shutting down. Since then, my PC won't light up. No response. Just the power light lights up and an LED on the CapsLock key is blinking. No update on screen. Can you please help me out with what is this problem about and what is the solution?

P.S.: I have tried removing and setting the RAM.

:)

Prataoy Kabya Bhowmik, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

My laptop won't start, the power supply is OK.

Hi Anthony,

It is possible that your laptop won't start due to having a defective battery. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to open your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried removing the battery to run the laptop from just the alternating current power?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 17, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Laptop won't Start

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop won't Start pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't Start

1. Laptop won't Start - Similar Threads - Laptop won't Start

2. My laptop won't start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't start.: So I was updating my laptop, it was the preview update along with an optional driver update.At 30% completion it shut it self down.I have tried four times to start it but only a few seconds later it would just doe again. Please help me....
  3. Laptop won't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't start: Hello, yesterday I was using Bluestacks on my Lenovo Ideapad 3 Windows 11 laptop. All of a sudden my computer shut down unexpectedly. I checked and saw that it showed the charger wasn't sending any power, even though the charger was connected to my laptop and to an outlet....
  4. Laptop won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't start: Hello, yesterday I was using Bluestacks on my Lenovo Ideapad 3 Windows 11 laptop. All of a sudden my computer shut down unexpectedly. I checked and saw that it showed the charger wasn't sending any power, even though the charger was connected to my laptop and to an outlet....
  5. Laptop won't start

6. The laptop won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop won't start: The laptop won't start This morning I did a system restore in hopes of fixing a problem I was having with my laptop, but now nothing works. It shows "prepare automatic repair", then 'diagnose your PC and then Automatic repair: Your PC did not start correctly' with 2 tabs of...
  7. The laptop won't start

The laptop won't start: The laptop won't start This morning I did a system restore in hopes of fixing a problem I was having with my laptop, but now nothing works. It shows "prepare automatic repair", then 'diagnose your PC and then Automatic repair: Your PC did not start correctly' with 2 tabs of...
  8. The laptop won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My laptop won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won't start: Hello there I have a problem with my laptop that is preventing it from starting into Windows. I was playing and out of nowhere a blue screen appeared. At first, I was waiting for Windows to restart automatically, but I got impatient and held the power button to turn it off...
  10. Laptop won't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't start: Hi, good day. I would like to ask for possible solutions for my laptop hp. So here is what happened:Recently, I was creating my powerpoint presentation for a class when the screen suddenly turned off. The power button indicated that it is still on but the screen is black. I...