Windows 10: Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe

Discus and support Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After being paranoid about viruses I went into the startup settings and changed the mode to safe startup, now whenever I try try to power on the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carter Singh, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe

After being paranoid about viruses I went into the startup settings and changed the mode to safe startup, now whenever I try try to power on the laptop it shows the dell logo then the screen goes black. The screen isnt off, just black. None of the F buttons or the escape button seem to be working. Whenever I move the mouse the mouse appears on screen for a couple seconds before disappearing again. What do I do now?

thanks of you can help me because im beginning to panic here

:)

Carter Singh, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Continuous reboot in XP but safe mode does fine

in safe mode, run MSCONFIG. untick every startup entry.

If it runs stable in safe mode, odds are it isnt hardware. hardware always fails, regardless of software changes. The difference between safe mode and normal mode, is that audio and video drivers arent loaded, and all startup programs are disabled.

Mussels, Mar 22, 2020
  4. coopfab Win User

Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe

1. Laptop wont startup after changing startup mode to safe - Similar Threads - Laptop wont startup

2. PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing on startup, including in safe mode: As said pc freezes up about 3/4 minutes into a login session, temps according to icue are all fine, no updates installed recently and no logs in event viewer, got new ssd coming tommorow and will attempt to install windows but it's just strange...
  3. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  4. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  5. Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Tearing on startup + safe mode + on games: For the past 2 days, I got screen tearing. So far it occurred when I left my laptop on for a long time maybe around 8- 10 hours. My refresh rate is 120 hz, resolution is the recommended one, which is 1920x1080. It's unusual, since it only happened 2 days ago. It has not...
  6. Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze after startup and in installer. Not in Safe Mode: Hello everyone so recently my pc started freezing after like 30 seconds after boot. I went in safe mode and it worked fine and then I put Windows installer on USB. Now when I try to install it either freezes or I get bluescreen saying it will restart. I wiped my drive in BIOS...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 BSOD on Startup in Safe Mode: Hey everyone! I have the following problem and was hoping that someone maybe experienced the same one and already solved it: Yesterday, a program on my system crashed and I could not close it. Neither Alt+F4 nor the manual "x" worked, I couldn’t tab out of it and I could...
  8. password not recognized in safe mode startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password not recognized in safe mode startup: Why is this not being discussed or answered by experts from the community? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-recognized-in-safe-mode-startup/10256d94-460d-44b6-91b1-07023d2b3bb7
  9. password not recognized in safe mode startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password not recognized in safe mode startup: my password & pin are not recognized when i start windows in the safe mode. they are both valid in the normal operating mode. What's causing this? Thanks, Dave Lewis...
  10. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...