Windows 10: Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically

Discus and support Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I close my laptop lid, my device goes to sleep. If I reopen the lid too soon within 3-5 minutes the device is still clearly powered on, but screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Avaldamar Arguelles, May 26, 2023.

1. Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically

When I close my laptop lid, my device goes to sleep. If I reopen the lid too soon within 3-5 minutes the device is still clearly powered on, but screen stays black and I can't get it to turn on again; pressing the keys or moving the mouse does nothing. I have to either close the lid again and wait for 5 minutes or restart my laptop, which is quite frustrating. I've searched the forums for similar problems but haven't found anything helpful. I've fiddled with the power and sleep settings, such as the timing to turn the screen off, but that hasn't helped. I've also run the power troubleshooter

:)

Avaldamar Arguelles, May 26, 2023

2. WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

Hey Everyone!

I have a HP pavilion ab221tx laptop. The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl8723BE. I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close & may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects. By the time I open the lid and the display turns on,the wifi would have got connected.

I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue/os build issue/setting issue.

I have tried things like
    *reintalling the driver from oem site & also updating it
    *disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter".
    *tweaking advanced settings in power plans (ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans)

I am facing this issue since the last three days. I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote(Beta) & WIN-Remote Control, which enable you to make your android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad. While doing this , I came across an article where they suggested to enable "wake on magic packet" in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties. I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled (ideal setting as suggested). Thereafter I had changed none of the settings.

I have since uninstalled all those "pc control softwares/ reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters/re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans/disabled sleep "do nothing" on lid close & re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close. I really do not understand what went wrong!

Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue? How can I fix it?

suzytmohanty, May 26, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

Hi, searching offers a few interesting thoughts:
    Wireless drops when closing laptop lid
    - physical design flaw in laptop affects signal

Solved: Wireless disconnects when laptop lid is closed - TOSHIBA FORUMS
    Uninstall a utility that came with the laptop
    Then they uninstall the Toshiba Eco Utility program and it fix my problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-52f6f20d9a73
    - check Method 2 setting

Hope those help or give some ideas. You can also check with your laptop manufacturer and forum.

I can't comment on the software you installed or those particular programs.

dalchina, May 26, 2023
  4. Hagan Sum Win User

Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically

WiFi disconnects when I close lid

Hi,

I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always have to wait for it to connect again. I have tried many ways to prevent this (Disabling "Allow computer to turn
    off this device to save power", Disabling "USB selective suspend setting"). Is there any way to actually prevent this?

Hagan Sum, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically

1. Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically - Similar Threads - Laptop won't turn

2. Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close: I'm working on an issue in my organization with multiple ThinkBook 14s Yoga G2 IAP - Type 21DM laptops. Whenever the lid is closed, the laptop disconnects from WIFI. This is an issue for us because, due to how the Citrix Workspace app functions without a network connection,...
  3. Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop disconnects from WIFI on lid close: I'm working on an issue in my organization with multiple ThinkBook 14s Yoga G2 IAP - Type 21DM laptops. Whenever the lid is closed, the laptop disconnects from WIFI. This is an issue for us because, due to how the Citrix Workspace app functions without a network connection,...
  4. Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't turn back on after closing the lid, and wifi disconnects chronically: When I close my laptop lid, my device goes to sleep. If I reopen the lid too soon within 3-5 minutes the device is still clearly powered on, but screen stays black and I can't get it to turn on again; pressing the keys or moving the mouse does nothing. I have to either close...
  5. The screen won't turn off after closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen won't turn off after closing lid: I have DELL XPS9310 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044.1466.When I close the lid, the screen remains on.My usage: I have a secondary 24" display attached and I want to watch a movie on it. During the movie, I want to close the lid so that it does not produce...
  6. The screen won't turn off after closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen won't turn off after closing lid: I have DELL XPS9310 with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 10.0.19044 Build 19044.1466.When I close the lid, the screen remains on.My usage: I have a secondary 24" display attached and I want to watch a movie on it. During the movie, I want to close the lid so that it does not produce...
  7. Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid: I've recently got the motherboard of my laptop changed, and after that my laptop won't go to sleep after I close the lid. I've checked "choose what closing the lid does" option and everything is fine there. Maybe the guy who repaired the laptop messed up something in BIOS...
  8. turning on laptop with lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turning on laptop with lid closed: I have an HP Spectre and use to two 4k monitors. How can I turn the laptop on without opening the lid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-on-laptop-with-lid-closed/f5b9171f-8310-4a33-93b0-2f1403b1d2fa
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. WiFi disconnects when I close lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi disconnects when I close lid: Hi, I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always have to wait for it to connect again. I have tried many ways to prevent this (Disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device...