Windows 10: Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid

Discus and support Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so, my computer needs a new battery and in order to see what type of battery we needed, we took the bottom off and looked to see what the battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AwesomeBlassom, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid

Okay so, my computer needs a new battery and in order to see what type of battery we needed, we took the bottom off and looked to see what the battery was. We put the back back on noticing that there were a couple of screws missing but it still stays on. But the only issue after putting it back on, is that the computer screen won't turn off after closing the lid. I've tried going into control panel and doing the lid closing options but it still didn't work. Is there something that we did while opening up the computer accidentally or is it just an options issue? If anyone knows how to help me please let me know

submitted by /u/AwesomeBlassom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AwesomeBlassom, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Laptop turning off when closing lid

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can get difficult if the applications are not working as expected. I see that you have tried few steps that might help us. However, we can go ahead and try few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

1. Open Settings app. Navigate to System > Power & sleep.
    2. In the Related settings section, click Additional power settings link to open Power Options window.
    3. Select Choose what closing the lid does.
    4. Next to When I close the lid, select Do Nothing.
    5. Save changes and test the issue.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid

1. Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid - Similar Threads - Laptop wont turn

2. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  3. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  4. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  5. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  6. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  7. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid

Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  8. turn off laptop sleep when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turn off laptop sleep when closing lid: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 I want to use with a docking station with 2 monitors. How do I get the laptop to stop going into sleep mode when I close the lid....
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...