Windows 10: Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday

Discus and support Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been working from home using my own personal laptop, HP Envy with Windows 10. And last night after getting done working I went to shutdown my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SLIrwin, Nov 12, 2020.

1. SLIrwin Win User

Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday

I have been working from home using my own personal laptop, HP Envy with Windows 10. And last night after getting done working I went to shutdown my laptop as I do every day, and the "Update and Shutdown" was there. Which of course I clicked on it because I wanted my laptop to shut down. I saw the blue installing update screen come and I walked away to go do other things. Came back and laptop was shut off. I unplugged it, closed the lid and put it away. This morning as I am I wanted to get started on work, the power button does not turn on the laptop. It does nothing. I know it is a power issue, the power cord light comes on the laptop when plugged in to show the laptop is fully charged. I know it's not a battery problem. What type of Windows Update would cause my laptop to not turn on??? I don't know if there was any issues installing the updates yesterday, as I walked away while installing. I do not live close to a big city that I can easily take it in to get looked at. But please, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

SLIrwin, Nov 12, 2020

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday

My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday

1. Laptop won't turn on after doing an "Update and Shutdown" yesterday - Similar Threads - Laptop won't turn

2. After doing updates the laptop won't turn back on.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After doing updates the laptop won't turn back on.: Laptop won't turn back on after updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-doing-updates-the-laptop-wont-turn-back-on/62314f1c-1303-4d15-92dc-c874a0615094
  3. After doing updates the laptop won't turn back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After doing updates the laptop won't turn back on.: Laptop won't turn back on after updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-doing-updates-the-laptop-wont-turn-back-on/62314f1c-1303-4d15-92dc-c874a0615094
  4. After doing updates the laptop won't turn back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What to do when laptop is not turning ON after update and shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when laptop is not turning ON after update and shutdown: My hp laptop is not turning ON after I did update and shutdown yesterday, it's just showing HP's loading screen and a restarting window and is alternatively showing these two loading screens . What should I do?...
  6. What to do when laptop is not turning ON after update and shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when laptop is not turning ON after update and shutdown: My hp laptop is not turning ON after I did update and shutdown yesterday, it's just showing HP's loading screen and a restarting window and is alternatively showing these two loading screens . What should I do?...
  7. What to do when laptop is not turning ON after update and shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Pc won't turn on after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc won't turn on after force shutdown: Long story short my pc got turned off by pulling the wire out 50+ times for the past 4 months. Today when the force shutdown by pulling the wire out happened pc doesn't turn on. No reaction to me pressing the power button. Also some days it can get pulled out even 10 times...
  9. Hp Laptop won't turn on after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Laptop won't turn on after update: My son was updating an HP laptop I had less than 6 months and it won't turn on. The power lights come on but that's it. I don't know what to do. I've tried holding down power button, unplugging cord. It doesn't have a removable battery so I don't know what else to do. Can...
  10. Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown: Hi there, I've been noticing a really weird issue with my ASUS laptop keyboard - the keyboard just sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes, the keyboard does not respond at all after start up backlight is off, keys are unresponsive, etc. I've logged in and checked under Device...