Windows 10: Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

Discus and support Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mort Murtaza, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make it work, including turning off hybrid sleep, hibernation, and disabling USB selective suspending, among others. No matter what though, I still have to open the lid to wake it up. Is there any way to change this? I suspect this one's giving me more trouble because it's a 2-in-1 device. Any help would be appreicated. Tha

:)

Mort Murtaza, Sep 25, 2022

2. Keyboard and mouse refuses to wake laptop

The keyboard nor mouse will wake this wonderful MSI laptop. In the Power Management for the Keyboard & Mouse, both the "Allow this device to wake the computer" box is checked & yet only the Power Button wakes it up. Any suggestions to relieve this great stress?

Lumbergumrubber, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

Allow mouse or keyboard to wake computer

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, which is connected to an external monitor.

After starting my laptop, the lid is closed. When I step away from the computer for an hour or so, it goes to sleep and the monitor screen is blank. When I return, I should be able to press the SHIFT key on my keyboard or move my mouse to wake up the laptop
    but it doesn't work. I have to open the lid on my laptop and press the power button and then it wakes up immediately.

My last 5 computer (all laptops) have been set up the same way with the external monitor and keeping the lid closed - I've never had any problems waking up the computer with the keyboard or mouse.

How do I fix this?

JC in Philly, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

1. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard - Similar Threads - Laptop won't wake

2. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  3. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  4. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  5. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  6. Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate or it shut down: Hi Guys, is there a way to wake up a laptop with external keyboard/mouse whilst it is in hibernate mode or off? submitted by /u/ZestycloseServe94 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhfa1h/wake_up_laptop_with_external_keyboardmouse_whilst/
  7. Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep: Hello, I fixed the previous issue I had where if the laptop went to sleep, it won't wake up. (did this by disabling hard drive sleep) But now the problem is that the laptop's keyboard won't wake the laptop from sleep, only the power button. I already went checked Device...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.: I am using a dell E5430 and I never had any issue like this up to now. Every time I put my laptop on sleep and then wake up, my mouse and keyboard stop working so I need to make an Hard-restart with the help of the power button as it became 100% unresponsive. I have...
  9. Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/Keyboard won't wake PC: Hi there, I edited the BIOS settings to try and enable my keyboard and mouse and wake my computer from sleep, however now I am having the problem that moving the mouse/using keyboard also turns on my computer when it is powered off. Is there a way to get my computer to...
  10. Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?: Hello, that's a problem I actually had since Windows 8: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is through the laptop's keyboard (pressing any key on the keyboard). But when I press the USB keyboard or the USB mouse, it doesn't wake up. I use my laptop...