Windows 10: Laptop won't work after being off for a week

Discus and support Laptop won't work after being off for a week in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went on a trip with my family and was gone for about a week. When I got back and went to use my laptop, it wouldn't work. Essentially all I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by charbway, Jul 13, 2020.

1. charbway Win User

Laptop won't work after being off for a week

I went on a trip with my family and was gone for about a week. When I got back and went to use my laptop, it wouldn't work. Essentially all I can get it to do is turn on. The screen is completely black, and I can't turn it off by holding down the power button. It's an Acer Aspire A515-41G.

I know this is pretty vague, but I don't know what could've happened to it since I was away from home. It was working just fine before I left.

:)

charbway, Jul 13, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

Laptop won't work after system reboot

You purposely fail the boot-up process 3x: When the Windows logo appears, hold down your power button to shut the computer off. Do this three times, and the fourth time Windows should boot into the advanced options. It's in Step 6 of the link I gave you.

simrick, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. Laptop won't work after being off for a week

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop won't work after being off for a week

1. Laptop won't work after being off for a week - Similar Threads - Laptop won't being

2. Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off: As the title says.My laptop has been set to auto sync the time for my time zone and my country/region is set correctly. I have to manually click "Sync Now" whenever my Windows 11 Pro laptop boots up from a cold boot.The time.windows.com server wouldn't sync at all, so I...
  3. Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off: As the title says.My laptop has been set to auto sync the time for my time zone and my country/region is set correctly. I have to manually click "Sync Now" whenever my Windows 11 Pro laptop boots up from a cold boot.The time.windows.com server wouldn't sync at all, so I...
  4. Order is still pending after being a week late

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Order is still pending after being a week late: A week and a half ago on Monday I ordered the TCAS joystick and throttle quadrant by thrustmaster from the microsoft website. It was supposed to come on that Wednesday. I still havent been charged, and the order hasnt even shipped yet and its exaclty a week after it was...
  5. Windows won't load after turning laptop off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't load after turning laptop off: So my laptop broke a while ago where it wouldn't launch windows. I removed the hard drive to copy the files off it before performing a full reset on the laptop. This worked fine, but when I restarted the computer the same thing happened. I have reset it twice now and the same...
  6. My laptop bugging after a week

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop bugging after a week: So 4 days ago i bought a HP-db0031nr laptop/AMD A9-9425/4GB/1TB HDD/15.6 Flat HD (1366x768)/AMD Radeon R5/windows 10 home (renewed) on amazaon I've been wanting this pc for a while now and got it for the DVD/CD burner because I wnated to get some agents for it instead of...
  7. PC won't boot after being off for a while--needs hard off then on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't boot after being off for a while--needs hard off then on: I am having trouble with Windows upon startup. Whether I have clicked on “Sleep” or “Shutdown” or just let the computer go into Sleep mode by itself, my laptop will not boot up—the “Dell” logo just stays on the screen indefinitely. If, however, while this is going on, I hold...
  8. PC won't boot after being off for a while--needs hard off then on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't boot after being off for a while--needs hard off then on: I am having trouble with Windows upon startup. Whether I have clicked on “Sleep” or “Shutdown” or just let the computer go into Sleep mode by itself, my laptop will not boot up—the “Dell” logo just stays on the screen indefinitely. If, however, while this is going on, I hold...
  9. Physical keyboard won't work after a 2 week shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Physical keyboard won't work after a 2 week shut down: We went on vacation for two weeks and came home to a laptop with a dead physical keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/physical-keyboard-wont-work-after-a-2-week-shut/fa561d7d-dfee-4da0-a351-e6e4421f99c9
  10. Laptop won't work after system reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't work after system reboot: Ok so basically massive crisis: I wanted to restart my whole laptop back to factory settings, within doing so I waited and I waited and it got to 99% and was stuck there for 3 hours, when I come back to check it was just a black screen so I turned my laptop off forcefully....