Windows 10: Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

Discus and support Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, recently I have encountered an issue regarding using Windows 10 on my laptop. As the title suggests, my laptop would enter sleep mode randomly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by B.wija, Oct 19, 2021.

1. B.wija Win User

Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

Hello, recently I have encountered an issue regarding using Windows 10 on my laptop. As the title suggests, my laptop would enter sleep mode randomly, during work or gaming. I've searched everywhere. I've checked my power settings, and did all sorts of different solutions and yet the problem still persists.I'm not sure if it's random or it depends on what I'm doing with my laptop. Sometimes when I try to reposition my laptop, it goes to sleep, other times while watching youtube, it would also go to sleep.I need this problem solved as it's becoming a pain when using this laptop for work or gami

:)

B.wija, Oct 19, 2021
  2. garyfritz Win User

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Good thing I kept the reports. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use :) Attached below. Don't know why the other thread disappeared -- maybe because it wasn't a real BSOD?

Looks like chkdsk /r /v has to be run at boot time, and many of the next steps (installing drivers, etc) are going to take more time than I have today. I'll get back to it later.

The HP Diagnostics at that link is only a 32-bit app. The only Hardware Diagnostics I see on my laptop is just a log file. Should I run the UEFI tests?

HD Tune: I let it sit on the Health tab for quite a while and nothing happened. I tried hitting Update, I set it to 1-minute update, nothin'. The Log is empty too.

Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use [​IMG]

garyfritz, Oct 19, 2021
  3. TinKode Win User
    TinKode, Oct 19, 2021
  4. garyfritz Win User

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Dude! You are a beast!

1) Problems with G: were caused by trying to run a drive on a janky old USB extender.
    I don't know what to do about the Macrium file.

3) Yes, shutdowns were due to me killing the system when it hung.

4) I never installed any McAfee products. Must be bloatware. There were no McAfee products listed in Add/Remove Programs -- possible I already deleted the pre-installed products? But there was still a ton of McAfee-related files out there. I ran the MCPR removal tool but there are still 170 files with "McAfee" in the name, who knows how many more without that string.

5) I uninstalled Malwarebytes. I assume I can reinstall when I finish this?

6) My laptop's support page is
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...03?sku=5UK31AV
    Here are the drivers that HP recommends. Is there a way to get an equivalent list telling me what's currently installed? Or should I just install the list they gave me?

7) This laptop has a dual-mode display, and therefore two separate drivers:

I assume I un/reinstall both of them? They were already on the drive list above.

8) The HP site above lists F.31 rev A. I'll install it.

10) The software associated with VBoxNetLwf is VirtualBox. I just freshly installed that (for the first time) last week. Doubt it needs to be re-installed yet?

11) I'll run HD Tune after I update drivers & BIOS.

12) Do I want to look for Intel driver updates? Shouldn't I go with the possibly HP-customized drivers from step 6, and not overwrite them with Intel drivers?

13-14) Will do after updates.

Do I need to do anything with the reports you posted, or was that just documenting the process?

garyfritz, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly enter

2. Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode: Hi everyone,I'm having an issue where I'll be using my computer, and it will randomly enter sleep mode, requiring me to press the power button to boot it back up. Once I do, everything is normal and running as it was before it went into sleep. I've only experienced this the...
  3. Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode: Hi everyone,I'm having an issue where I'll be using my computer, and it will randomly enter sleep mode, requiring me to press the power button to boot it back up. Once I do, everything is normal and running as it was before it went into sleep. I've only experienced this the...
  4. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  5. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  6. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  7. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use: Hello, recently I have encountered an issue regarding using Windows 10 on my laptop. As the title suggests, my laptop would enter sleep mode randomly, during work or gaming. I've searched everywhere. I've checked my power settings, and did all sorts of different solutions and...
  8. Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use

Laptop would randomly enter sleep mode in use: Hello, recently I have encountered an issue regarding using Windows 10 on my laptop. As the title suggests, my laptop would enter sleep mode randomly, during work or gaming. I've searched everywhere. I've checked my power settings, and did all sorts of different solutions and...
  9. Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly: Laptop gets into sleep mode randomly. Tried all the options of power management. I disabled the hibernate also but still, the problem persist. I first thought its the problem due to the graphics card. Disabled the graphics card but still, the problem persists. Please help....
  10. Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi I've seen a lot similar scenarios to this and they're all seem to be different. Here I have a HP spectre x360 15t 2019 running Windows 10. I've had the laptop for two days and I realise that about 20 seconds after I close the lid or hit the power button in order to put the...