Windows 10: Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then

Discus and support Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then... My Lenovo would not power on for a few years. I finally... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vsparky, Aug 11, 2020.

1. vsparky Win User

Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then

Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then...

My Lenovo would not power on for a few years. I finally had the time to look at it and get the power issue resolved.

The problem is I cannot log on using my current Microsoft password because I have changed it multiple times since then, and the laptop does not connect to the internet upon powering it on. So It wants me to type in the old password since it has never updated since it will not connect to the internet and that was quite a while ago and i dont remember

I have tried both wireless and a wired connection but I think there must be a driver issue but i cant solve since i cant login.

The laptop is still showing as a device on my Microsoft account.

How can i get logged into this device if I cannot connect it to the internet? And i dont remember the password. Can Microsoft retrieve my old password?

:)

vsparky, Aug 11, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 11, 2020
  4. jec298829 Win User

Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then

Can't remember administrator password in Windows 10

I am running Windows 10. I cannot remember my administrator password even with the clue I noted. I've tried suggestions listed on different forums, nothing works. I can sign in to Microsoft, but apparently this is a different account. So, how do I
    reset or recover my administrator password?

jec298829, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop wouldnt power on for a few years, cant remember Microsoft password used back then - Similar Threads - Laptop wouldnt power

2. How can i get back into my asus laptop but i cant remember my email an password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get back into my asus laptop but i cant remember my email an password: I cant remember my password or my alternative access 2 get bak in2 my asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-into-my-asus-laptop-but-i-cant/739f9857-fcd0-4747-aa68-adb7155589b8
  3. How can i get back into my asus laptop but i cant remember my email an password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get back into my asus laptop but i cant remember my email an password: I cant remember my password or my alternative access 2 get bak in2 my asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-into-my-asus-laptop-but-i-cant/739f9857-fcd0-4747-aa68-adb7155589b8
  4. Can't remember password for old laptop.

Can't remember password for old laptop.: I found my old laptop in my garage and I can't remember the password for it. Is there a way to change this or bypass this? It's on Windows 7 Ultimate if that makes a difference?...
  5. windows wouldnt install on a laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows wouldnt install on a laptop.: So this is after i asked about a similar thing the other day.during the process right before the pc would restart, it said windows couldnt install some files.I know it's not the ram, because I've had this ram ever since the beginning of this year, in fact that same ram is in...
  6. I cant remember my windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant remember my windows password: I bought the computer about a year ago, and I have never logged out. I can not remember my windows password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remember-my-windows-password/09edcd6b-3e2c-4879-8dfe-524fe2d30f00
  7. Bought a game few years back and don't have it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought a game few years back and don't have it.: I bought a game a few years ago on my laptop Goat Simulator Windows 10 and couldn't run it without getting less than 20 frames. Anyways I got a desktop for Christmas and just about a week ago I remembered that I have Goat Simulator, so I installed it... after playing it, I...
  8. MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.

MicroSoft Camera app NOT working since major update a few years back.: When I go to take and save a picture or video I get error codes since a major update a few years back. December of 2015 I think it was. This Microsoft Camera app is useless for saving or recording anything since the update. My laptop camera works fine!? My Dell PC hasn't...
  9. cant remember password in windows device settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant remember password in windows device settings: trying to change device settings, cannot remember administrator password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-password-in-windows-device-settings/b294420c-c74c-494c-a9e9-beb225ef6d9c
  10. Using Microsoft Outlook Login remembers WiFi Password?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Microsoft Outlook Login remembers WiFi Password?!: Interesting occurrence: Installed WinTP, then installed old WiFi card (XP vintage). The driver was not recognized, caused instability, so removed it. I have set up the computer to Login using an Microsoft Outlook account I created. Getting familiar with how all the email,...