Windows 10: LaptopFreezes when plugged in

Discus and support LaptopFreezes when plugged in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. Since the 1809 update, whenever the computer is plugged in it works for 10-45min and then freezes. Never had this issue before the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MikaelYipsiotis, Dec 22, 2018.

1. LaptopFreezes when plugged in

Hi.

Since the 1809 update, whenever the computer is plugged in it works for 10-45min and then freezes.

Never had this issue before the update.

Also tried to install ubuntu, it works fine...

I can use the computer for hours without freezing in ubuntu, but as soon as I switch back to windows the problem starts again.

I made a clean install of windows twice once as a wipe from windows, another time from USB,

it works without freezing during the installation, but as soon as windows is installed, the problems is back.

The model is Chuwi Lapbook 12.3

Specification

Basic Information

Brand: CHUWI
    Caching: 2MB L2
    Core: 1.1GHz,Quad Core
    CPU: Intel Celeron N3450
    CPU Brand: Intel
    Graphics Chipset: Intel HD Graphics 500
    Graphics Type: Integrated Graphics
    Model: LapBook 12.3
    Power Consumption: 4W
    Process Technology: 14nm
    Type: Notebook
    Threading: 4
    CPU Series: Intel Celeron
    Graphics Card Frequency: 200MHz - 700MHz

Storage

Hard Disk Interface Type: M.2
    Hard Disk Memory: 64GB EMMC
    RAM: 6GB
    RAM Slot Quantity: Three
    RAM Type: DDR3

Network

Bluetooth: 4.0
    WIFI: 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless internet
    WLAN Card: Yes

Display

Display Ratio: 16:9
    Screen resolution: 2736 x 1824
    Screen size: 12.3 inch
    Screen type: IPS

Camera

Camera type: Single camera
    Front camera: 0.3MP

Connectivity

3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes
    DC Jack: Yes
    Mini HDMI slot: Yes
    TF card slot: Yes
    USB Host: Yes 1 x USB 3.0+1 x USB2.0

General

AC adapter: 100-240V 12V 2A
    Battery Type: 7.6V / 4800mAh, Li-ion polymer battery
    Material of back cover: All Metal
    MIC: Supported
    Speaker: Built-in Dual Channel Speaker
    Standby time: 7-8 hours
    Youtube: Supported

:)

MikaelYipsiotis, Dec 22, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 22, 2018
  3. DianeGill Win User
    about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Dec 22, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

LaptopFreezes when plugged in

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

LaptopFreezes when plugged in

1. LaptopFreezes when plugged in - Similar Threads - LaptopFreezes plugged

2. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  3. Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps black screening if i play a game with a controller plugged in.: i seem to have a problem where if my controller is plugged in i get a irql_not_less_or_equal bsod or just a hard crash with no bsod. i tried to read the mini dump but couldn't find what the problem was. i have also tried updating windows and updating my graphics card. the...
  4. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  5. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  6. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  7. My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...

My USB drive is asking to be formatted when I plug it in. Is there a way to access the data...: Every time I connect my USB drive to my computer, I'm met with a message asking me to format the drive before use. If anyone has encountered a similar situation or knows of a way to bypass the formatting prompt and retrieve the data safely, your advice would be invaluable....
  8. My laptop blue screens when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop blue screens when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then a blue screen appears.Here are the minidumps https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LkLWBgeKCDjhTUrQyiNE4mI6CMKwuvje/view?usp=sharing...
  9. My laptop blue screens when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop blue screens when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then a blue screen appears.Here are the minidumps https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LkLWBgeKCDjhTUrQyiNE4mI6CMKwuvje/view?usp=sharing...
  10. My laptop blue screens when plugged in

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus ux430ua froze when pluged in

2. ux430ua freezes when plugged in

3. Windows 10 freezes on boot with USB adapter plugged in