Windows 10: Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?

Discus and support Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) Hi Everyone! I've worked on this problem for over two weeks now and applied every possible "fix" I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dinnerspeaker, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752)

Hi Everyone!

I've worked on this problem for over two weeks now and applied every possible "fix" I could find.

I'm attempting to transfer things from my old laptop to my new laptop by direct connecting with Crossover cable. I realize I could use other methods to move these documents but I'm confused that some of these methods seem to have worked for some, but not for others.

My biggest fear now is that because of my intense focus on solving this problem, perhaps I've missed something really elementary...if so, I apologize in advance.

If there's anything else I've neglected, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Jerry

 Connected both laptops together with Crossover cable
    o Toshiba Tecra connected to Dell XPS-15-7590

 Turned off McAfee Firewall

 Disconnected wireless WiFi

 Mapping Nework Drive also failed

 Changed advanced sharing settings on both laptops
    o Private Networks:
     Turn on network discovery as well as automatic setup of devices
     Turn on file and printer sharing
    o Guest or Public Networks:
     Turn on network discovery
     Turn on file and printer sharing
    o All Networks:
     Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders
     Use 128-bit encryption to help protect file sharing connections (recommended)
     Turn off password protected sharing

 Changed Adapter Settings (Internet Protocol Version 4) on both laptops
    o Change to “Static IP Address” on both laptops (192.168.1.10 & 192.168.1.20)
    o Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP found under WINS tab on both laptops

 Installed “Reliable Multicast Protocol” on both laptops

 Shared specific drive or folder with full control on Source PC

 Enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on both laptops

 Windows Credentials added to both laptops

 Changed LAN Manager authentication level on both laptops
    o Select “Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”

 Enabled TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper in Services on both laptops

 Delete “HardwareID” and “Store” keys in MSLicensing on both laptops

 Disabled the Master Browser on both laptops

 Lanman Workstation changed to “Enable insecure guest logins”

 Edit Hosts File to add IP Address & name on both laptops

:)

dinnerspeaker, Apr 6, 2020

2. Connecting 2 win 10 laptops via crossover cable

I am trying to connect 2 laptops via an either net crossover cable to transfer data from one to another. Both are running win 10.

On the Web I have found various methods and have done the following:

1.on computer 1 go to network and Internet settings and select change adaptor options

2. With crossover cable plugged into both laptops, right click ethernet (has a red x by it), select properties.

3. Select IPV4 then properties.

4. Select use the following is address 192.168.0.20 sub mask 255.255.255.0 and click ok.

5. Select sharing options and turned discovery on for all.

Then repeated this for the second laptop with address 192.168.0.21 but all the rest the same.

The instruction I was following said next click the windows icon and in the text box enter \\192.168.0.20 to connect computer A to computer B.

But all I get is the message windows cannot access \\192.168.0.20.

Any help please

KevinLee_kssl, Apr 6, 2020
  3. How to turn off a desktop from a laptop using crossover cable?

******Thanks for your reply but this is not going to be very helpful as it does not contain the main part which is - how to turn the desktop off when it is connected to the laptop using a crossover cable ?

Roger Cyan, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?

How can i transfer files between a Windows 8.1 laptop and a Windows 10 Laptop using crossover cable?

<Original Title: transferring files via crossover cable>

I've got a laptop with 8.1 on it and want to move my files via crossover cable to a new laptop running 10. Help, please! I'm a complete newbie at this and have no idea even how to begin. I *did* buy the correct cable, though. I'm technologically challenged,
    so step by step would very deeply appreciated.

KateSoehnlen, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access?

1. Laptops (2) connected by Crossover cable..can ping but cannot access? - Similar Threads - Laptops connected Crossover

2. Laptop not connecting to screen cabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not connecting to screen cabled: Hello!!I've always worked with a Dell laptop connected to a Dell Monitor Displayport to USB C .Few days ago the Monitor stopped to recognize the connection with the laptop. I tried everything I could considering that:- The monitor doesn't recognize my laptop neither with a...
  3. Laptop not connecting to screen cabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not connecting to screen cabled: Hello!!I've always worked with a Dell laptop connected to a Dell Monitor Displayport to USB C .Few days ago the Monitor stopped to recognize the connection with the laptop. I tried everything I could considering that:- The monitor doesn't recognize my laptop neither with a...
  4. Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created LAN network between two computers using crossover cable: Hello Microsoft, We have two PCs without network connections. We need them to be connected to a LAN network so they can share files with each other. For the setup, I'm using the "Crossover" cable and those IP configuration settings.PC1IP: 192.168.1.10Subnet mask:...
  5. Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 laptops with ethernet cable: when i connect 2 laptops Windows 10 together via ethernet cable can I still connect my laptops to the internet via ethernet while they are connected together?...
  6. Can ping, but can't connect!

Can ping, but can't connect!: Hi guys. From today i can not use TunSafe VPN app anymore and i don't know why! I'm using WARP profile that tutorial is on reddit, when i press connect button, TunSafe connected and everything is fine also i can get ping from any website! BUT when i try to go to same...
  7. Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable

Connecting Two Windows 10 Computers with a Crossover Cable: I am try to connect two Windows 10/64 workstations via a Crossover Cable to share files. On system 1, I have set IPv4 IP to 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 I keep trying to set the Default Gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the Preferred DNS server to 192.168.0.1....
  8. Can ping but not access websites, Intermittent

Can ping but not access websites, Intermittent: Hi, I have 2 computers connected to the same router, and after some time the laptop loses the ability to access a website and also my Outlook mail is unable to send or receive emails, but I can still ping ok. The desktop computer (also Windows 10) continues to have perfect...
  9. Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable

Ethernet connection Logs while sharing file between two computers using crossover cable: I'm curious about to know that following questions (when we connect two computers using crossover cable and share some files ) 1. Is there any Logs/ Logs in MS Windows 10 if YES then please provide all the locations of these logs 2. If logs made for ethernet connected...
  10. crossover cables / adapters

crossover cables / adapters: crossover cables and adapters Never having used these before I have a few questions. Will they work with win 10 /7/ ubuntu or suse /mac 10.5 (power pc) How does the other computer show up in say file explorer?( On both) Is there any adjustments to be made in the OS? Is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crossover cable can ping but cant access