Windows 10: laptop's ac power keeps turning off

Discus and support laptop's ac power keeps turning off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajaye, May 24, 2019.

1. ajaye Win User

laptop's ac power keeps turning off

Hi,

My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug disappears... if I disconnect the power lead and reinsert it, I will get the plug showing again but only momentarily.

Wondering what my first steps should be... is it possible it's a setting or software problem rather than the power unit/cord itself?

(am using trusty old--if loud--laptop at the moment)

thanks in advance.

:)

ajaye, May 24, 2019

2. My hp laptop wont turn on

Hello,

There are many reasons for your problem, but you may try this step :-

• Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery.
    • Hold down the power button for at least fifteen seconds.
    • Without replacing the battery, plug the AC adapter back into the laptop.
    • Press the power button to turn on your laptop
    If the PC is able to boot & startup, the problem is with your battery, if not contact a service centre.

Nandu Surendran, May 24, 2019
  3. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, May 24, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Lenovo laptop not booting after upgraded to Windows​10

Follow these steps to attempt to power reset the laptop:

• Turn off the laptop.
    • Disconnect all peripheral devices that are plugged into the laptop.
    • Unplug the AC adapter.
    • Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds.

You may need to do the steps repeteadly until you get the recovery options.

Good luck.

Ruz San, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. laptop's ac power keeps turning off - Similar Threads - laptop's power keeps

2. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  3. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  4. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power: When I unplug my awake not sleeping laptop from AC power, very often it immediately turns off the screen or even falls asleep.I think I have found the root cause of this. My power options are the following:When plugged inOn batteryTurn off screen after10 mins2 minsGo to sleep...
  6. Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power

Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power: When I unplug my awake not sleeping laptop from AC power, very often it immediately turns off the screen or even falls asleep.I think I have found the root cause of this. My power options are the following:When plugged inOn batteryTurn off screen after10 mins2 minsGo to sleep...
  7. AC Power for Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC Power for Windows Laptop: My computer's Windows Laptop AC charger just stopped working, but I can still charge using USB C. I have checked the charging cord for damage and found non. I have tried windows update and checking for new drivers. Under the "batteries" section, I only have "Surface Battery"...
  8. AC power light is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC power light is off: HI ihave a question,in my laptop Toshiba Satllite,model P55-A5312 The AC Power Liht is off,butt the laptop is working ok,how can i fix the ACpower light be on when i turn on my laptop?...
  9. AC power light is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC power light is off: HI ihave a question,in my laptop Toshiba Satllite,model P55-A5312 The AC Power Liht is off,butt the laptop is working ok,how can i fix the ACpower light be on when i turn on my laptop?...
  10. AC power light is off