Windows 10: Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

Discus and support Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karyeowl, May 27, 2018.

1. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

:)

karyeowl, May 27, 2018

2. Cannot Access Programs via Windows Button

I cannot access ANY PROGRAMS other than those that are on the taskbar. And I cannot access SETTINGS.

I tried to follow the steps that you listed but I can't get to even the command prompt!

Help!

A Semi Luddite, May 27, 2018
  3. Bazil1961 Win User
    Can't access Paypal

Hi,

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop.

Cannot load Paypal website.

Have tried using multiple browsers;

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Google Chrome
    Unable to access via any of these.

Have run scans using Malware Bytes and Avira - comes up clean.

No issues opening any other web sites on the laptop - secured or otherwise.

If I turn off the router and use my mobile as a hotspot I can connect the laptop to Paypal ok.

If I revert to using home wifi then the laptop Paypal problem recurs.

Desktop computer can connect to Paypal using the home wifi.

Process of elimination suggests the problem is with the laptop wifi settings or Firewall somehow.

Far from a computer expert - just your average frustrated user trying to do something that seems like it should be simple.

Anyone had this or similar problem and worked it out?

Bazil1961, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

1. Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI - Similar Threads - Laptops cannot access

2. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network: I'm trying to move my webserver to the outer tier router in my 3-tier network. Presently, it only works on the inner tier:I have a fiber connection with ONT feeding a NVG468MQ router. Behind that router I have a Linsys WRT3200ACM. Behind that, I have a second WRT3200ACM. My...
  3. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network: I'm trying to move my webserver to the outer tier router in my 3-tier network. Presently, it only works on the inner tier:I have a fiber connection with ONT feeding a NVG468MQ router. Behind that router I have a Linsys WRT3200ACM. Behind that, I have a second WRT3200ACM. My...
  4. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet access via Wifi

No internet access via Wifi: Hello.In a couple laptops running under Windows 10 20H2 have the same network issue.One if the laptop have latest updates, one only till July 2021.The problem is, when laptops is connected to the Wifi network was tested a lot of networks I can ping IP address 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8...
  6. IPV6 access via WIFI but no IPV4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IPV6 access via WIFI but no IPV4: Hello, I am having trouble with my desktop PC accessing IPV4 websites. It can access IPV6 sites and I can't work out what the problem is. One day it worked. Next it didn't. I have searched the forum and found similar issues but nothing seems to work! I have tried: -...
  7. Accessing shared files on desktop from laptop via the network

Accessing shared files on desktop from laptop via the network: I have a desktop PC and a Laptop on my home network. Before 1803, I could share file using the network and sharing option. After the 1803 update when Homegroup was removed I could no longer access the computers in either direction without the Enter Network Credentials...
  8. Cannot install printer to laptop via wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install printer to laptop via wifi: Need help Installing HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M476 wireless printer to my laptop that are on the same wifi router using Windows 10. Any one can help?...
  9. Cannot access internet via Wifi

Cannot access internet via Wifi: Split from this thread. An automatic Microsoft update to Windows 10 disabled my WiFi switch so all WiFi on my lap top does not work. I could connect to the internet using a hard wire. Microsoft Tech Support (Windows) is in the process of trying to fix this but with no...
  10. Network frustration - desktop cannot access laptop

Network frustration - desktop cannot access laptop: I have a desktop and laptop on the same home network, both part of the same workgroup. No homegroup. On the desktop, in File Explorer, I can see the laptop but cannot access it. I ran Network troubleshooter and have attached the log file. I have no idea if it is helpful. On...