Windows 10: Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow.

Discus and support Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there! I have this laptop, and got it last summer. For some reason, the disk is ALWAYS at 100%. Why is that? It seems to be the "System"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by User346345245, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow.

Hey there!

I have this laptop, and got it last summer.

For some reason, the disk is ALWAYS at 100%.

Why is that? It seems to be the "System" process.

Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow. 5e5a186b-e3fd-4fb1-9a0f-5ee19133aca2?upload=true.png

:)

User346345245, Feb 19, 2021

2. disk is at 100%. Computer is slow

My window 10 HP laptop is slow and sometimes unresponsive. Disk is at 100% when nothing is running

Help

RobertFleming, Feb 19, 2021
  3. 100% disk usage and slow boot

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop for about three and a half years and in recent months its boot is slow and in the first minutes, it uses 100% of the disk.
    It has some heavy programs like Visual Studio, Android Studio and more on it, but it's not always been like that.

I use windows 10 home. The computer has Intel I5 CPU and 8GB RAM.

Are there suggestions for improving the computer's performance?

TsahiBarshevsky, Feb 19, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow.

Disk 100%

Hello,

If your PC is exhibiting a slow performance or a high CPU disk usage, it could be that Windows may need to update some outdated components within the system. When you check for updates, your PC will also search for the latest device drivers, which can also
    help improve the performance of your device. We suggest that you check if there are updates waiting to be installed on your device. Here's how to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security >
      Windows Update, select Check for updates.
    • If there are updates waiting to be installed, kindly install them, and restart your device to make sure that the updates are installed.
    • After restarting, check if the disk usage is still at 100%.

If the issue persists, feel free to post back.

David Haz, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow.

1. Laptop's disk is always 100%, making it slow. - Similar Threads - Laptop's disk always

2. Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%: I used to be a user of Windows 10. With time, my disk started reaching 100% all the time. I moved to Linux for a year and then came back to Windows 11. Sadly, I still have the same problem everything was fine while using Linux.Details:SSD: ST1000LM035-1RK172I have enabled...
  3. Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%: I used to be a user of Windows 10. With time, my disk started reaching 100% all the time. I moved to Linux for a year and then came back to Windows 11. Sadly, I still have the same problem everything was fine while using Linux.Details:SSD: ST1000LM035-1RK172I have enabled...
  4. 100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop: Hi,I have been facing issue of 100 % disk usage in task manager , and never go down below , i have tried below methods>Tried formatting laptop >no app running in background>Tried checking over internet for this issue and nowhere proper steps to fix itwould be highly obliged...
  5. 100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop

100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop: Hi,I have been facing issue of 100 % disk usage in task manager , and never go down below , i have tried below methods>Tried formatting laptop >no app running in background>Tried checking over internet for this issue and nowhere proper steps to fix itwould be highly obliged...
  6. 100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  8. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  9. Disk always at 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk always at 100%: My disk is always at 100% so I decided to reset my pc. But unfortunately, it is still 100% no matter what. Open chrome 100%, open AV 100%, open office 100%. When standby, system 100%. Memory is at 70%-80% and some processor goes up too. What could be the problem? What if I...
  10. Computer is slow and disk is always at 100%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is slow and disk is always at 100%?: So I got my first assembled computer in 2018, worked perfectly fine at first but has slowed down considerably since the beginning. I still can use it fine, but if possible I'd rather have it as fast as it can be. Starting it up takes a couple of minutes, and after that I...