Windows 10: laptops display brightness is always same

Discus and support laptops display brightness is always same in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community, I have an Asus Laptop and recently the brightness regulation of the display doesn't work. In particular, when I press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosipBakovic, Apr 16, 2021.

1. laptops display brightness is always same

Dear Microsoft community,

I have an Asus Laptop and recently the brightness regulation of the display doesn't work.

In particular, when I press the two brightness regulation buttons the display stays dark, at minimum brightness.

How can I fix the problem? Maybe I should do something in Settings?

Thanks to everyone that answers me.

Best regards.

:)

JosipBakovic, Apr 16, 2021

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Laptop brightness

Usually there are special keys on laptops to adjust the brightness

Function keys may have a second option

In windows settings -> system -> display

• You might not see the Change brightness slider on desktop PCs that have an external monitor. To change the brightness on an external monitor, use the buttons on it.
    • If you don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. In Device Manager,
      select Display adapters, then select the display adapter. Press and hold (or right-click) the display adapter name, then select Update driver and follow the instructions.

HARDCORE GAMES™, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

laptops display brightness is always same

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

laptops display brightness is always same

1. laptops display brightness is always same - Similar Threads - laptops display brightness

2. Display and brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display and brightness: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: I am running Windows 10, yesterday i was using my portable computer, then i needed to heighten the brightness of my screen, i did using fn+ f5 all good. After few minutes i...
  3. Display and brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display and brightness: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: I am running Windows 10, yesterday i was using my portable computer, then i needed to heighten the brightness of my screen, i did using fn+ f5 all good. After few minutes i...
  4. laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display: really simple, but at the same time weird thing: i normally use my laptop with a 2nd display plugged in, and in "use 2nd display" mode. but whenever the display turns on while the pc is running, or its simply disconnected, the laptop's internal display is at the lowest...
  5. laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop display at lowest brightness after unplugging display: really simple, but at the same time weird thing: i normally use my laptop with a 2nd display plugged in, and in "use 2nd display" mode. but whenever the display turns on while the pc is running, or its simply disconnected, the laptop's internal display is at the lowest...
  6. brightness display

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness display: I have recently bought a dell inspiron 5570. After about few days its brightness settings are no longer working. It has windows 10 and brightness bar is moving up and down but there is no change in screen brightness. I want to know why and can I rectify it?...
  7. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  8. Display Brightness

Display Brightness: Hello.. I have accidentally made some changes in the settings due to which I can no longer change the brightness and the resolution of the display Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/303668c8-7973-49b3-aa97-768183a6c9bc
  9. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  10. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227