Windows 10: Laptop's fan always remains on and the CPU usage is high and drops quickly after opening...

Discus and support Laptop's fan always remains on and the CPU usage is high and drops quickly after opening... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I own an Acer laptop with Windows 10 and recently the cooling fan is always remaining on. The temperature of the CPU remains around 70 degC(higher than... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SaarishtThaman, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Laptop's fan always remains on and the CPU usage is high and drops quickly after opening...

I own an Acer laptop with Windows 10 and recently the cooling fan is always remaining on. The temperature of the CPU remains around 70 degC(higher than usual) at idle state. Whenever I open task manager, the usage suddenly drops from around 80% to 10%.

I am suspecting that there is some shady process running which closes itself whenever I open up task manager and then continues when I close it.

Could it be malware? I have already scanned my PC multiple times using Kaspersky Antivirus multiple times and didn't find any threat......please help.

:)

SaarishtThaman, Nov 6, 2018

2. High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager

I suspect you still have a little critter that actually forces the CPU to go high unless Task manager is opened

theveterans, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Susie1 Win User
    High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager

Thank you all for pitching in.

After debugging my laptop with quite many anti-malwares, anti-spywares and a few anti-viruses, I downloaded a software to observe the CPU temperature. It turned out that the sudden drop in CPU usage right after opening the task manager is only because of the momentary spike in CPU usage for opening the task manager, no other reason.

As for the sound of the fan, after debugging my computer, now its sound remains consistent even after opening the task manager. Even at CPU usage around 10%, it continues to stay loud, at least by my definition of "loud". For this reason, now I'm trying ​​to find a fanless model to buy.

Susie1, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Susie1 Win User

Laptop's fan always remains on and the CPU usage is high and drops quickly after opening...

High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager

I am using Windows 10 in ASUS ZenBook UX305. The fan of my laptop runs quite loud in general but it drops down drastically every time I open the task manager. The sudden drop in CPU usage can be seen immediately after opening the task manager. I have run Malwarebytes and Eset online scan and quarantined the threats found. But the suspicious behaviour of CPU usage has not changed. Please help.

Susie1, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Laptop's fan always remains on and the CPU usage is high and drops quickly after opening...

1. Laptop's fan always remains on and the CPU usage is high and drops quickly after opening... - Similar Threads - Laptop's fan always

2. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  3. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  4. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager

CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager: Hello,I have this problem that occurs the sec. my laptop reaches Windows 11 logon screen, CPU usage is very high and fans spin like crazy to cool it off and this persists for hours if I let it. The funny thing is that it stops the sec. I open task manager and if it stays open...
  6. Cpu usage is high as I open task manager and drops gradually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu usage is high as I open task manager and drops gradually: My cpu usage is high as I open task manager but it goes down after 1-2 seconds. It didn't happen to me before I run my system on full scan and some heavy tasks. First I see this problem with my gpu but it fixed automatically. But now as I open taskbar cpu shows 94% then 24%...
  7. Cpu usage is high as I open task manager and drops gradually

Cpu usage is high as I open task manager and drops gradually: My cpu usage is high as I open task manager but it goes down after 1-2 seconds. It didn't happen to me before I run my system on full scan and some heavy tasks. First I see this problem with my gpu but it fixed automatically. But now as I open taskbar cpu shows 94% then 24%...
  8. Cpu usage is high as I open task manager and drops gradually

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware occupies High CPU usage with Fan noise: Hi Windows defender identified the following malware in my pc and removed it Detected:VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Status: Removed or restored. affected items :regkeyvalue: hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows defender\real-time...
  10. High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU Usage (& fan noise) Drop Drastically on Opening Task Manager: I am using Windows 10 in ASUS ZenBook UX305. The fan of my laptop runs quite loud in general but it drops down drastically every time I open the task manager. The sudden drop in CPU usage can be seen immediately after opening the task manager. I have run Malwarebytes and Eset...