Windows 10: Laptop's fingerprint and pin would not work untill I have not updated my windows

Discus and support Laptop's fingerprint and pin would not work untill I have not updated my windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a lenovo E470. an average computer for studying. it has a fingerprint reader that works perfectly fine as well as other methods of logging in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quacknanomous, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Laptop's fingerprint and pin would not work untill I have not updated my windows

I have a lenovo E470. an average computer for studying. it has a fingerprint reader that works perfectly fine as well as other methods of logging in such as pin and a password. When I have no notifications to updates, the fingerprint and pin work fine but as soon as a windows update comes along they would have "difficulty in logging in". After the update, it starts working again which I assume is that update might have fixed "something" but this has been going for for 1 and a half year. sometimes even when there aint no update notification its stops working and only starts working when an update comes. This is starting to get really annoying so I wanted to ask whether the computer's hardware has any problem or is it the software trying to do something? oh and btw password works every single time but its long. otherwise have no other problem in the hardware and software.

submitted by /u/Quacknanomous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quacknanomous, Dec 27, 2020

2. windows 10 fingerprint and PIN setup not working

I have the same problem. The fingerprint reader in my Dell XPS15 laptop was working fine until today, when Windows updates occurred (I now have Windows 10 build 1703).

The fingerprint reader stopped working. In an attempt to resolve this issue, I decided to re-do the "Fingerprint" set up, but this does not work. There are 2 cases:

1) If I remove my PIN, I am then able to perform "Fingerprint setup", but at the end of this process it asks me to add a PIN, but this 'Add' does not work, and I am left without a PIN and without a configured fingerprint.

2) If I add a PIN first, this works, but if I then try to do "Fingerprint setup", I am taken to a "Windows Hello setup" dialog box. I click "Get started" and I am prompted for my PIN in the "Windows Security" dialog box. I enter the correct PIN, the laptop
    makes a little noise, after which I am left with the "Windows Hello setup" dialog box with just a "Cancel" button.

If this is due to a corrupted user account (as suggested above) then this must have been caused by the Windows Update. Whatever the underlying cause, it is definitely the Windows Update that is responsible for the sudden fingerprint reader failure.

MrWinnieThePooh, Dec 28, 2020
  3. tazgal Win User
    Fingerprint scanner not working on my laptop after changing to windows

My fingerprint scanner/login was working until recently and I am not sure how to fix it. I upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop from windows 8 and then the scanner stopped working. When i go the settings/sign-in options the ability to set-up the fingerprint icon is there, however after i click on set-up and get started I don't get the screen option to input my pin. I have already set-up a pin which i use to log onto my computer. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue. I have attached screen-shots of the three steps.

tazgal, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Aspen93 Win User

Laptop's fingerprint and pin would not work untill I have not updated my windows

PIN and FingerPrint not working

XPS 15 user having the same problem as those above (fingerprint and PIN not working). Windows Hello was working fine, but a recent update seems to have caused an issue with PIN registration and devices that have the fingerprint scanner. My windows desktop
    has no issues logging in with the PIN, only the XPS 15 laptop.

Hopefully Microsoft can come up with a fix for this soon.

Aspen93, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Laptop's fingerprint and pin would not work untill I have not updated my windows

1. Laptop's fingerprint and pin would not work untill I have not updated my windows - Similar Threads - Laptop's fingerprint pin

2. I CANNOT ON MY LAPTOP WITH PIN OR FINGERPRINT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CANNOT ON MY LAPTOP WITH PIN OR FINGERPRINT: HELLOMYSELF PRIYANSH DUBEY YESTERDAY I CHANGED MY PIN AND AFTER THAT WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN MY LAPTOP USING PIN IT SAYS THAT " SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND YOUR PIN IS NOT AVAILABLECODE:0x80090027 ". PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...
  3. I CANNOT ON MY LAPTOP WITH PIN OR FINGERPRINT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CANNOT ON MY LAPTOP WITH PIN OR FINGERPRINT: HELLOMYSELF PRIYANSH DUBEY YESTERDAY I CHANGED MY PIN AND AFTER THAT WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN MY LAPTOP USING PIN IT SAYS THAT " SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND YOUR PIN IS NOT AVAILABLECODE:0x80090027 ". PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...
  4. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  5. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.: My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update. The computer won't let me set them up or amend them. Downloaded fingerprint drivers but no joy. Any suggestions how to get them back?...
  6. My PIN and fingerprint recognition are not working after an update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...
  8. pin and fingerprint not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin and fingerprint not working: yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my finger print was working but my pin was not. Today my finger print and pin is not working not even the I forgot my pin link...
  9. Gameroom has been working fine until last update . I have windows 10 on my laptop and it is...

Gameroom has been working fine until last update . I have windows 10 on my laptop and it is...: I used to be able to click on gameroom while on facebook and it would come up. Now I have to close down facebook and go to my home screen and click and run as administrator. It trys to run on XP and windows 8. Why am I having all this trouble? Compatability , when I run the...
  10. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update: I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous. Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer...