Windows 10: Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi

Discus and support Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All the other devices connected to the wifi works just fine but the internet on my laptop is super slow. When I try running speed test it goes to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yogesh_507, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi

All the other devices connected to the wifi works just fine but the internet on my laptop is super slow. When I try running speed test it goes to a certain speed and stops and gives me an error. The are no issues if I connect it to my mobile hotspot. I tried scanning the entire device with multiple anti virus software but it still isn't working. I even reset my laptop keeping my files but to no avail. This is really frustrating me please help.

submitted by /u/yogesh_507
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yogesh_507, Aug 30, 2020

2. Slow Internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with internet lag in your laptop and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What type of internet connection are you using (wired/wireless)?
    • Are you facing lag issue with any other device like a smart phone or a different laptop to the same network?
    • Do you face the same issue connecting the Laptop to a different network?
    • Did you try connecting the laptop using an Ethernet cable?

We would suggest you to refer this article: Why is my Internet
    connection so slow?

Note: This article is for Windows 7,but it holds good for Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow internet connection from Wifi - Network adaptor

Hi Maegen,

Slow internet connection could be due to outdated network adapter driver or Wi-Fi signal interruptions.

We would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?
    • Do you have any anti-virus or 3rd party security app running?
    • Is your computer updating Windows or other programs?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run Network Adapter troubleshooter and
    Internet Connection troubleshooter. It will find and fix problems with wireless network adapters and Internet connections. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security, then choose Troubleshoot.
    • Click Internet Connections and Network Adapter.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi

1. Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop's internet slows

2. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  3. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet: I recently bought a new laptop. It has worked perfectly well, until today, when the Internet stopped working. My desktop is connected and working via Ethernet, and my phone is connected and working on the same Wi-Fi network, so I'm pretty sure Windows or the laptop is having...
  4. Laptop WiFi connected, no Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wireless connection slows down internet connection

wireless connection slows down internet connection: When the laptop is connected to our internal network, our speeds drop to almost zero. The wireless driver appears to be up to date and working properly. Any solution?...
  6. Internet slows down

Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  7. my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet

my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet: my laptop when connected to the wifi shown connected but no internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-when-connected-to-the-wifi-shown/cf1a3397-d074-4065-94ba-6fd5b87458d2
  8. Why My WiFi Connection Slowing Down?!

Why My WiFi Connection Slowing Down?!: My Windows 10 Is great Before This Issue, My Connection Is 10 Mbps On Router And My Windows 10 Can Use Full Internet Speed,But Now My Windows 10 Cant Use Full Internet It Just Use 3-4 Mbps Of My Internet Speed Sometime It Can't Use any Internet Just Like 350-778Kbps How Is...
  9. Internet slows down when connecting smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet slows down when connecting smart TV via HDMI: I'm having a problem with the internet slowing down when connecting my smart TV to my PC. When I have the TV connected to the onboard HDMI it shows my internet down to a crawl. I know this because when I go into the bios and tell the PC that I want to use pci express instead...
  10. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...