Windows 10: Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting!

Discus and support Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I purchased a laptop. Soon after an update, it kept freezing. I uninstalled the update something to do with windows 10 and maybe bluetooth or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexdavies8, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting!

So I purchased a laptop. Soon after an update, it kept freezing. I uninstalled the update something to do with windows 10 and maybe bluetooth or something driver related like that and stopped freezing.

I purchased the same model laptop after that one ended up breaking. New laptop worked great. However I had updates and again it started freezing two days later. However this time the updates were security updates so I didn't know what to do.

I am freezing three times a night it seems.

Caps lock key doesn't work and I have to power off. If I am playing a video it emits a noise. freezes both on power and on battery.

I have tried reinstalling windows, unchecking the pci and fiddling with power settings. swapping the harddrive. checking for errors and stuff in the registry, checking the fans, updating the BIOS - basically anything in "what to do when your computer freezes guides" and yet nothing.

It happens when I am watching videos, or even if im just browsing a single news site so I can't find any cause and effect. Problems and reliability shows no errors.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting! 57afe641-9eab-4667-944d-bd49bab15dfa?upload=true.jpg

:)

alexdavies8, Jan 22, 2020

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting!

Wireless laptop that keeps freezing up.

Hi Claudine,

It is also possible that the internet service is the one causing the freezing issue. At the same, we would like to ask for additional information to so we can better assist you and identify the proper solution to your concern. Please answer the following:

• Have you tried other browsers and experience freezing?
    • Have you installed recent updates before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting!

1. Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting! - Similar Threads - Laptops keeps freezing

2. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  3. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  4. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  5. Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting: I've had my laptop for a few years. It's an MSI gaming laptop, model number ms-16j9. A few months back, I was using my laptop and then it suddenly froze and I got the BSOD. After that point, the laptop would literally just keep going into this boot and then freeze at random...
  6. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  7. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  8. New Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop keeps freezing: So i got a new laptop, and I was going to install a different ram stick that was 16gb instead of 4, and I put in another m.2 ssd, since the original was only 128gb. I have the motile 14 ryzen 3 in case anyone needs to know, but does anyone have any suggestions? I have seen...
  9. Laptop freezing despite troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing despite troubleshooting: My Asus ux303ua laptop keeps freezing and I have to power off. Both on battery and when plugged in. I have done memory tests etc. Unchecked the pci doodahs. Updated the BIOS and all drivers. Installed a new hard drive. Redone thermal paste around the CPU. Reset to a previous...
  10. Bluetooth isn't accessible despite troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth isn't accessible despite troubleshooting: Simple problem. Bluetooth isn't working on my laptop at all. It is a Dell 3521 built Dec 2013 that has always been updated the day of each OS release date. Over the last year I just never needed Bluetooth so never realized it disappeared. I'm currently on Win 10 14393...