Windows 10: Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

Discus and support Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop's keyboard isn't waking up the laptop from sleep. I went to device manager and right-clicked the laptop's keyboard which is marked as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Dec 2, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

My laptop's keyboard isn't waking up the laptop from sleep.
    I went to device manager and right-clicked the laptop's keyboard which is marked as "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" (And not HID Keyboard Device - like my wireless USB keyboard), then Properties, but it doesn't have the Power Management tab like the wireless keyboard. So I can't tick the "Allow this device to wake up the computer".

Is there a way to fix that?

thanks

:)

mibaup, Dec 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Power Management Tab in Device Manager

Hi, some other ideas:

Please see both #68 (the fix you've tried) and in particular the comment in #69 here:
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

One such thread suggested an old ethernet drive could give rise to the tab missing.

Another suggested:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-7cd9a4fe035f

Some threads suggest that anything preventing sleep may conflict with this.

Is the device allowed to wake the PC?
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

dalchina, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Mouse/touch pad and keyboard wakes laptop up and power management tab missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are trying to disable keyboard and touchpad to wake the computer from sleep.

As you are missing the Power Management tab in driver properties, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and update the keyboard and touchpad drivers.

To update keyboard drivers,

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

To update touchpad drivers,

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

Power management tab missing in keyboard properties

I checked on my Acer laptop, and I too do not have the Power Management tab in device manager. Does your keyboard show up as "Standard ps/2 keyboard" too?

pizzasRgreat, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

1. Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager - Similar Threads - Laptop's keyboard lacks

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  4. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  5. Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop's keyboard lacks "Power Management" tab in device manager: My laptop's keyboard isn't waking up the laptop from sleep. I went to device manager and right-clicked the laptop's keyboard which is marked as "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" (And not HID Keyboard Device - like my wireless USB keyboard), then Properties, but it doesn't have the...
  6. Power Management tab in Device Manager not available?

Power Management tab in Device Manager not available?: I would like to use the Wake on LAN feature of Teamviewer to remotely boot my computer. For this purpose, the network card must not be switched off in energy-saving mode or in shutdown mode. You can set this in the device manager under the tab Energy Management of the network...
  7. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...
  8. Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Power Management Tab is not available and In Power Tab attached devices is...: Hello, I am facing an issue where Power management tab in the device manager is not visible and in the Power tab the attached device is not listing. It will be great if i get the solution at the earliest. I tried changing different Power Plans but it did not helped me...
  9. Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab

Device Manager, Network Adaptor, No Power Management Tab: I have an Asus Zenbook with 8G and 256 SSD running Windows 10 home v1903. Often, but not always, when I open the lid the PC is no longer connected to the Internet. I then disconnect and reconnect to my network to continue. I have searched for fixes. One fix often recommended...
  10. no power management tab for keyboard

no power management tab for keyboard: laptop: Dell Inspiron 7370 - win10 I want to WAKE laptop out of sleep mode using keyboard. In fact, I can wake it if my mouse is plugged, but without a mouse, I have NO WAY to wake the laptop. (a living dead) Most of the time I close the lid (forget to take a mouse), and...