Windows 10: Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep

Discus and support Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I fixed the previous issue I had where if the laptop went to sleep, it won't wake up. (did this by disabling hard drive sleep) But now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 28, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep

Hello,

I fixed the previous issue I had where if the laptop went to sleep, it won't wake up. (did this by disabling hard drive sleep)

But now the problem is that the laptop's keyboard won't wake the laptop from sleep, only the power button.

I already went checked Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device > Properties > Power Management > Allow this device to wake up the computer. It already has a "V" and it still doesn't work.

**Edit: it only happens when the computer goes to sleep on its own (In the power plan it's set to sleep after 30 minutes), and not if I put it to sleep via the power button - in this case the keyboard does wake it up. It's like the self-sleeping puts it into deep sleep

Maybe the new Windows 10 update did something wrong to this old laptop?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Nov 28, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop's keyboard won't wake up laptop from sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop's keyboard won't

2. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  3. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  4. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello, people. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. If i leave it on for 30 minutes without touching the mouse or the keyboard, it will go automatically into sleep mode. If I do not move the mouse in 5 minutes after it giving me the black screen, it will not wake up...
  6. HP Laptop not waking up from sleep

HP Laptop not waking up from sleep: My HP laptop model is 15g-br106tx. My laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up from sleep. I've searched various articles and tried few solutions. But the problem still persists. The first solution is to enable the device keyboard or touchpad to enable it to wake the...
  7. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  8. Laptop waking up from sleep at night

Laptop waking up from sleep at night: I tried following this post, but when I execute this command: powercfg/waketimers, I get a different result: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg/waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  9. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  10. Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10)

Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10): Problem has started within the last month or two. My laptop, Asus Zenbook UX330UA (running windows 10), will not wake up from sleep unless I turn it completely off with the power button. I have tried, using older graphics driver, using older MEI driver, scf /scannow (found...