Windows 10: Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

Discus and support Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently i bought a new Nvme SSD to install windows 10 on it.I installed the OS and everything worked well, but, if i shutdown it and turn it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Giovanni Palazzolo, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

Recently i bought a new Nvme SSD to install windows 10 on it.I installed the OS and everything worked well, but, if i shutdown it and turn it on without charger it gives me 3f0 hard disk error, and if i turn it on with charger eveerything works.I tried to reinstall it and it gives always the same problem, same as disabling Secure Boot.Any suggestions?

:)

Giovanni Palazzolo, Jun 5, 2023

2. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

Hi Varnium,

Thanks for updating me.

Usually, you can install Windows 10 on SSD NVme directly if your computer BIOS detects it.

You can try the following steps if your computer detects the SSD NVme:

1-After creating a Windows 10 bootable USB and going through the installation process. From the Installation page "Install Now", press F10 to open the Command Prompt.

2-Type these commands and hit enter:

diskpart

list disk

select disk X (Replace X with your SSD NVme number shown in the list above)

clean

3-Restart your computer and go through the installation process.

If your computer does not detect it or the BIOS detects it, but you cannot see it during the installation process, it is best to contact your computer manufacturer's support services to provide you with accurate information about configuring BIOS.

Here are similar cases:

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/261122/b...

https://daily.slickdeals.net/tech/how-to-instal...

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-ae/000132...

Note: Make sure you can find all Windows 10 compatible drivers for your computer from manufacturer's official website and your computer fully supports Windows 10 before taking further actions.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need further assistance.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

DYARIBARHAM, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

I am about to upgrade my HP laptop with a NVMe SSD. My laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 Home Single language in HDD.

I want to install windows 10 into NVMe SSD. I like to know the safest process involved to do so. I went trough some website suggesting to use third party software to clone the OS , do some changes in BIOS setting. Can I just make a recovery USB from recovery
    drive in windows and then boot the laptop and install OS in NVMe and format the C drive in HDD? OR is there any other way ?

GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

1. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power - Similar Threads - Laptop's Nvme SSD

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power: Recently i bought a new Nvme SSD to install windows 10 on it.I installed the OS and everything worked well, but, if i shutdown it and turn it on without charger it gives me 3f0 hard disk error, and if i turn it on with charger eveerything works.I tried to reinstall it and it...
  6. Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's new Nvme SSD only detected when plugged into power: Recently i bought a new Nvme SSD to install windows 10 on it.I installed the OS and everything worked well, but, if i shutdown it and turn it on without charger it gives me 3f0 hard disk error, and if i turn it on with charger eveerything works.I tried to reinstall it and it...
  7. NVMe ssd not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NVMe ssd not detected: I recently bought a new nvme ssd Transcend 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Model number: TS256GMTE110S and installed it on my motherboard GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H rev. 2.0. This is being neither detected in disk management nor in bios. In device manager storage controller section I see...
  8. plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    plugged in SSD, laptop locked powered down: Windows 10 on HP OmenLaptop had been runnign for over an hour running, was plugged into power supply. I plugged in SSD - screen pops up says "Locking" and powers down. Now, no response: won't restart and does not show power/charging light at power port.I did nothing beyond...
  9. Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? New NVME SSD?!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jazzzy990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaukb3/is_this_normal_new_nvme_ssd/
  10. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge: I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same specifications which is working as it starts the laptop up however the laptop would not charge anymore. I am guessing there is a...