Windows 10: Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in

Discus and support Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IsolatedSausage, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in

Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid and gave better fps while playing games. But now, after plugging in, the laptop stays in the same state, no color change or better fps. I've checked all the settings for better performance when plugged in(Battery, Dell Power Management, NVIDIA control panel) but no success. Even did a full reset and nothing happened. Can anyone help?

My Laptop is Dell Xps 15 9570

submitted by /u/IsolatedSausage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IsolatedSausage, Jun 19, 2020

2. My laptop freezes every time i switch to balanced or high performance mode help please

So i have a dell laptop with windows 10 my dell is 5558 series 8gb ram 4gb nvidia 920m i75th gen processor before i was able to switch to high performance and balanced mode regularly but nowadays i cant switch to high performance or balanced mode my laptop
    freezes after 5-10 mins of switching into high performance and balanced mode. Because of that my performance degrades a lot i cant work on high power programs and i cant play games too my fps will be so bad. But i can do everything in power saver mode. Help
    please. And everytime after freezing i have to force restart and sometimes i get a screen saying your system memory has changed press F1. So help me please please

SubitTimalsina, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Jalenp Win User
    My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

Hi I have tried all of these and the problem is still occurring when I also looked in registry the preffered power plan is already set to balanced, but it is still keep switching to high performance mode power plan. Every time I restart the laptop it
    is in high performance mode and even when I change back to balanced it keeps switching back to high performance mode.

Jalenp, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Maggidon Win User

Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in

How to keep laptop at High Performance

Thank you so much for the reply. I've not looked into the BIOS as of yet, but this is an ASUS Rogue gaming laptop. This might be as you point out, an unchangeable behavior because of the machine.
    With regards to your own machine, is it so that you cannot change it when you unplug to keep its high end performance? Mine switches automatically. When I bring up Power Options, I can see it switch from full power to power saving when I unplug it. Strange thing is though, I've noticed after a while that the unit is not working fast as I think it should and when I go into Power Options, the computer is on Power Saving even though it is still plugged in. I've noticed this happening a couple times and also with my wife's laptop, the same thing happens. In other words, unplugging it then plugging it back in does not sometimes switch it back to high performance. Is there a reason for this and if so, is it fixable?

Maggidon, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in

1. Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in - Similar Threads - Laptop's switching high

2. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  3. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  4. Windows 11 keeps switching to "High Performance" power plan when plugging in a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps switching to "High Performance" power plan when plugging in a laptop: I have a Lenovo Yoga 7 specifically 14ARB7 that I want to keep conserving battery when used, and to reduce unnecessary noise or heat output. My main issue is that the Windows 11 installation keeps changing the power plan to "High Performance" mode whenever I plug it in, but I...
  5. Windows 11 keeps switching to "High Performance" power plan when plugging in a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps switching to "High Performance" power plan when plugging in a laptop: I have a Lenovo Yoga 7 specifically 14ARB7 that I want to keep conserving battery when used, and to reduce unnecessary noise or heat output. My main issue is that the Windows 11 installation keeps changing the power plan to "High Performance" mode whenever I plug it in, but I...
  6. Very high temperature on performance mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high temperature on performance mode: If I put my rtx 3070 and i5 10500h laptop on high performance mode, my cpu go up to 95-100°C, but on balanced mode I have 65-70°C.Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-temperature-on-performance-mode/702505dc-b236-451d-8c66-275c99e6946c
  7. Cannot switch to high-performance GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot switch to high-performance GPU: Using an ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo, Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, latest drivers through GeForce experience. 32 GB RAM, core i9. Until yesterday I had no problems. Playing CrossCode via Steam, had set it to use the high-performance GPU in Windows Graphics settings....
  8. Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in: Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid and gave better fps while playing games. But now, after plugging in, the laptop stays in the same state, no color change or...
  9. High performance power mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    High performance power mode: Hey so I want to use the high performance mode but I have some insecurities about it I'm kinda scared to use it since I don't wanna damage my pc does it affect the pc in any kind of way Specs i7 8700 3.20 ghz 16 ram ddr4 rtx 2060 6 gb motherboard : Gigabyte H310M H...
  10. Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance: Hi, So with the last Windows 10 Update (Version 1803) (Probably with the last update) on my Asus ROG G752VT laptop ( bought roughly a year ago ) the following occurs*: *( For all of the following, my Maximum Processor State is set to 99%, Because else the CPU Reaches 90+...