Windows 10: Laptop's screen goes black suddenly, keyboard also stops working. HELP.

Discus and support Laptop's screen goes black suddenly, keyboard also stops working. HELP. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,i am on Asus GL552vw i7 6200, 16gb, 960m nvidia. Recently got the Windows 10, version 20H2 late due to connexant driver issues.few days after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ANKIT_007, May 1, 2021.

1. ANKIT_007 Win User

Laptop's screen goes black suddenly, keyboard also stops working. HELP.

Hello,i am on Asus GL552vw i7 6200, 16gb, 960m nvidia. Recently got the Windows 10, version 20H2 late due to connexant driver issues.few days after the update i am having strange black screen with keyboard and mouse not working. The laptop is working in black screen too. today while watching youtube it suddenly went black i could hear the audio of the video. i tried Alt+f4 to close browser , fn+ f10 to mute but didn't worked. the audio kept coming.only way to bring the screen back is power button sleep and then again power button which bring login screen. Then everything start

:)

ANKIT_007, May 1, 2021

2. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 1, 2021
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, May 1, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop's screen goes black suddenly, keyboard also stops working. HELP. - Similar Threads - Laptop's screen goes

2. HELP! My laptop suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP! My laptop suddenly stopped working.: I played yesterday on it and now when I try to turn it on nothing works! All I see is a black screen and coloured lines , white lines. I didn't drop it or anything! Never stepped on it , nothing. I opened it up , nothing is burned. Please help me I really need my laptop! It's...
  3. HELP! My laptop suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! My laptop suddenly stopped working.: I played yesterday on it and now when I try to turn it on nothing works! All I see is a black screen and coloured lines , white lines. I didn't drop it or anything! Never stepped on it , nothing. I opened it up , nothing is burned. Please help me I really need my laptop! It's...
  4. HELP! My laptop suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen: Also today i had a first blue screen which made me want to ask for help. So recently over the past month or so i would have instances where my screen would go black but my pc would remain on. still hear audio, all fans and lights of ect but i would always have to shut my...
  6. Laptop screen goes black.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen goes black.: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I've had it for 2-3 years. Ive had no problems until recently. I tend to use my laptop for drawing so i like folding it into tablet, usually when I do so the acreen turns black but i can tell its still running, and its rather annoying. It...
  7. PC suddenly goes into black screen the red light in the mouse also goes off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC suddenly goes into black screen the red light in the mouse also goes off: Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I would really like to solve a big and disruptive issue I am facing since I've built this new PC. When it occurs I can see that the entire PC is still on all the fans are on as usual and even the CPU's wraith fan has its lights on so...
  8. Laptop screen goes black

Laptop screen goes black: Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine trying to turn on but to no avail. Not able to access previous drivers since i cant gain access to the settings. Any help will...
  9. Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working: How to get regular keyboard back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-on-touchscreen-laptop-suddenly-stopped/81d0b6d8-1d9a-4899-96ed-1adc2f024547
  10. laptop screen goes black

laptop screen goes black: why does the screen on my laptop keep going black? I can still hear a show (if I'm watching you tube), but the screen goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-goes-black/7a0cbae2-a61f-49ca-aab3-f92bd7b69ddf