Windows 10: Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

Discus and support Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Build 19037 Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thewizardoz, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

Build 19037

Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to maximum brightness, maximum contrast and maximum sharpness....and there is NO WAY for me to adjust those settings back down!! Obviously this really screws up any photo or video viewing pleasure.

Why can't I adjust those settings back down? Well I've discovered it's a problem with the graphics processor that's in the CPU. The CPU is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz with an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor built in.

I have tried several drivers from 2012 to 2019 and the problem still exists. In the Intel Graphics Command Centre that comes with the drivers installation there are no settings in which I can adjust sliders for these display characteristics. I even tried the Windows Store Intel Graphics Command Centre app and that has the same limitations.

Any help would be appreciated please.

:)

thewizardoz, Dec 11, 2019
  2. ICG01 Win User

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

Change brightness / contrast / gamma in "Full Screen 3D"

Good day.

I can't see an option that allows to change image parameters (brightness / contrast) in "Full Screen 3D" mode.
    It's present in previous driver versions, for example in Catalyst v14.4 for Windows XP. Please see attached screenshot.

Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login [​IMG]

New driver versions for Windows 7 / 8 / 10 don't have this option.

I have some questions:
    1. Is there a program that allows to change brightness / contrast level of an image in Full Screen 3D mode?
    2. Probably there are some undocumented features that may change these parameters via Windows registry editing?

Ruslan2017, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

1. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login - Similar Threads - Laptop's screen instantly

2. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  3. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...
  4. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  5. Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.

Screen contrast changes depending on brightness.: I am using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 on dark mode and there seem to be some kind of adaptive brightness/contrast that changes if the window I'm in is dark or bright usually more noticeable when browsing the web. I searched for a way to disable it but couldn't figure it out....
  6. Why my laptop sometimes is changing my screen brightness to max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop sometimes is changing my screen brightness to max: Hello I have a problem sometimes when im using a laptop is automatically is setting my laptop screen to max and i don't know why i tried everything and is still happening. Can somebody help me....
  7. Why my laptop sometimes is changing my screen brightness to max

Why my laptop sometimes is changing my screen brightness to max: Hello I have a problem sometimes when im using a laptop is automatically is setting my laptop screen to max and i don't know why i tried everything and is still happening. Can somebody help me....
  8. Screen Brightness/Contrast changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Brightness/Contrast changing: Hello. I have been trying to solve this problem for days now... hope you can help ( I'm new to the subreddit btw) So one day I decided to reposition my setup so I unplugged my monitor and when I set it up I noticed that my display has become more "pale" (I tested the...
  9. Brightness suddenly changes to max

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness suddenly changes to max: In recent days I've noticed that the brightness level of my laptop increases to 100% when I plugged in an AC adapter. In the beginning, I didn't have these issues and I have not changed any settings. What's the cause of this behaviour?...
  10. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login: Build 19037 Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to maximum brightness, maximum contrast and maximum sharpness....and there is NO WAY for me to adjust those settings back down!!...