Windows 10: Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

Discus and support Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG]I shut down my laptop after the screen started getting weird black bars around it and when I started it up it showed either just a black lit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndreDe Goede, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up [​IMG]Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up [​IMG]I shut down my laptop after the screen started getting weird black bars around it and when I started it up it showed either just a black lit up screen or a black lit up screen with the glitched block in the middle. The cursor also shows up and can be moved around but gets forced back to the middle of the screen and does not show up again until the mouse or touchpad is moved. Before I powered it down I had a second monitor attaced but removed it after the black bars started appearing, not sure of this would be relevant but I was playing Civilization 6 while doing something on the other moniter which seemed to be possibly linked in some way but just a guess. Any clues on how to solve it?

:)

AndreDe Goede, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksLaptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up :)

Hendry, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

Stuck in black screen during Reset

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below?

How long has your PC been stuck in this screen?

I would suggest that you wait for a couple of hours and check if you are still stuck in this screen. If so I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to boot onto your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

1. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up - Similar Threads - Laptop's stuck black

2. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen: Hi, I was running my Windows 11 laptop and when I lifted the lid to sign in it stayed on a black screen. The fan was still spinning and the keyboard backlight was still on, and when I press and hold Touch ID it turns on and shows “swipe down to shutoff” but when I swipe up it...
  3. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  4. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  5. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  7. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  8. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Laptop stuck at black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck at black screen: I did the routine Windows update and when it went black screen, I accidentally pressed Enter. It beeped and showed a line 'Launching interrupted menu'. But nothing comes up. it has been black screen since then even when I try to restart it by holding the power button for 10...
  10. Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen: I am not able to power on my laptop. Everytime i start the laptop it shows all the boot up things including the windows logo and the rotating dots and after that ends up showing a black screen with only a blue rotating cursor..i am able to hear the windows startup sound but...