Windows 10: Laptops That Support A Secondary Storage Drive

Discus and support Laptops That Support A Secondary Storage Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking for a laptop that will support a second internal storage drive. Over the years, I have removed the ROM drive and installed a secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stigg, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Stigg Win User

Laptops That Support A Secondary Storage Drive

I am looking for a laptop that will support a second internal storage drive. Over the years, I have removed the ROM drive and installed a secondary hard drive using a hard drive caddy. But a lot of decent laptops don't have a ROM drive these days.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. *Smile

:)

Stigg, Jan 15, 2019
  2. t5reich Win User

Utililizing secondary drive as storage

I recently got a new computer, and decided to switch back from Apple to Windows for the first time in a decade or so, as such I'm floundering a bit and need some help.

Following advice online I went ahead and bought a new SSD and replaced the HDD in my new laptop, and then using a CD caddy placed my HDD in the optical drive slot in order to use it as a secondary storage drive. I did an install of Windows 10 onto the SSD
    using the creation tool and a USB drive, and then installed all the updates and drivers for everything. The issue is that I can't seem to access the HDD through file explorer or set it as a save location in the storage section of system settings. It is listed
    under disk drives in the device manager, and the status there claims it to be working properly. It's just functionally useless at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

t5reich, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Arily Win User
    System restore and secondary drives

So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do a system restore can I do it without wiping out the secondary drive? How would I go about doing it? Step by step. What would happen to the program's installed on there after the restore?

Thank you.

Arily, Jan 15, 2019
  4. lvr181 Win User

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptops That Support A Secondary Storage Drive - Similar Threads - Laptops Support Secondary

2. Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...: Trying to reuse a hard drive from my old computer that was its C: drive, that I formatted, as a second Steam library drive. However when I went to make a simple volume of the 1tb drive I found the little recovery partition separating a little chunk from the rest of the drive....
  3. Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...: Trying to reuse a hard drive from my old computer that was its C: drive, that I formatted, as a second Steam library drive. However when I went to make a simple volume of the 1tb drive I found the little recovery partition separating a little chunk from the rest of the drive....
  4. Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Want one OS/programs/games drive and one secondary "long-term" storage drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want one OS/programs/games drive and one secondary "long-term" storage drive: Hi. I recently purchased a new m.2 SSD for my desktop PC. Previously, I was running Windows on a SATA ssd, which is still connected to my PC. I moved the OS to my new drive and am running off of that now. I have a couple issues. 1. Every time I boot up, Windows asks me which...
  6. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?: Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 Series Specs - CNET 175876
  7. What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the max storage supported for hard drives with motherboard?: Hello, I was wondering how big can a hard drive be in terms of max support, eg 5TB, 10TB, 15TB? My motherboard is this one: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE - motherboard - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z68 Series Specs - CNET 175876
  8. Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more

Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more: Hello! If I am correct, Windows 10 64-bit can handle a hard disk up to 16TB, so I should not have any problem installing a new 8TB or 10TB SATA hard disk in my system (see my specs). However, I must be 100% sure before buying. My motherboard is an Asus P8H61 (socket Intel...
  9. Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading secondary storage to 8TB or more: Hello! If I am correct, Windows 10 64-bit can handle a hard disk up to 16TB, so I should not have any problem installing a new 8TB or 10TB SATA hard disk in my system (see my specs). However, I must be 100% sure before buying. My motherboard is an Asus P8H61 (socket Intel...
  10. Transferring data from the boot drive to a secondary drive in a laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring data from the boot drive to a secondary drive in a laptop: This may be a dumb question but I have new laptop with a 500GB boot drive and a secondary 1TB spinner drive in it but have no idea on how to transfer say photos and other data like that from the boot drive to the larger disk. I don't wantto copy the Windows installation as...