Windows 10: Laptops turns off automatically after some time.

Discus and support Laptops turns off automatically after some time. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I have Windows 10 on my new Asus Vivobook laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 processor.Unfortunately, the laptop turns off automatically when left idle for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnkitKhetan, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Laptops turns off automatically after some time.

Hi,I have Windows 10 on my new Asus Vivobook laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 processor.Unfortunately, the laptop turns off automatically when left idle for some time and I lose all the open work.I have already reinstalled windows, disabled fast startup in power settings, updated drivers and kept a sufficiently long time for the sleep function.The same problem also occurs when I put the laptop to sleep manually. When trying to turn on the laptop after it is in the sleep mode, the laptop does not resume, instead it restarts and I lose all the open applications/browser tabs.I don't know what am I missing

:)

AnkitKhetan, Jul 4, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Date and time does not run automatically apart from your guided setting

Hi Gopal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing date & time on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have turned on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to turn on automatic time setup if not yet done.

• Type date and time in Search bar on
      Taskbar
      , click on Change the date and time.
    • Turn on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the status of Windows Time service.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Laptops turns off automatically after some time.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Laptops turns off automatically after some time.

1. Laptops turns off automatically after some time. - Similar Threads - Laptops turns off

2. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  3. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  4. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. real time protection turned off after some time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real time protection turned off after some time: the real time protection is not on i cheack all registry settings like disable key in real time protection but all are right i scan malware but my windows is clean i use windows 10 single home edition 22h2 and i have no third party antivirus and a error is showing to on real...
  6. real time protection turned off after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    real time protection turned off after some time: the real time protection is not on i cheack all registry settings like disable key in real time protection but all are right i scan malware but my windows is clean i use windows 10 single home edition 22h2 and i have no third party antivirus and a error is showing to on real...
  7. real time protection turned off after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PLZ HELP, LAPTOP WILL AUTOMATICALLY TURN OFF AFTER SLEEPING FOR SOME TIME,

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PLZ HELP, LAPTOP WILL AUTOMATICALLY TURN OFF AFTER SLEEPING FOR SOME TIME,: HI, I tried fixing it for a whole day, still can't fix it, is it hard ware issue? or a software issue? Please tell me how to fix it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plz-help-laptop-will-automatically-turn-off-after/c78071f6-c538-4755-a21b-189e05b10b1d
  9. Automatically turn off laptop after finishing mainenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically turn off laptop after finishing mainenance: I want to make a task schedule to turn off my laptop after Maintenance in Security and Maintenance in Control Panel finished. Someone can guide me, please....
  10. WiFi connection turns off after some time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection turns off after some time: I turn on my laptop an use it normaly (browsing, playing games...) with a normal stable wifi connection, but after some time (80% of the time) the wifi connection drops and when I try to reconnect to my wifi network it says "Can't connect to this network " on every listed...