Windows 10: Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

Discus and support Laptops with a dedicated graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tech291083, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a dedicated graphics card? Is there a separate chip altogether?2. In the two screenshots, which show a window titled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool", I see something called "Shared Memory: 4017 MB". I know this laptop has 8 GB DDR4 RAM. In my understanding 8 GB means 8192 MB. So why the shared memory is shown as 4017 MB only? Is this shared memory not system memory itself?3. One screenshot also shows "Display memory (VRAM): 2996 MB". Is this the memory of that dedicated graphics card/chip? If divided by 1024 MB it works out to about 2.92 GB.4. I need someone to explain to me as to how one can work out memory math when it comes to a laptop with a dedicated graphics card.Thanks.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

:)

tech291083, Jun 21, 2020

2. Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Jun 21, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

How to increase the dedicated ram to graphics

Dedicated graphics RAM can not be increased, the amount of RAM on graphics cards is built in.

The only way is to install a new graphics card with more dedicated graphics RAM.

This relatively easy on a desktop, but on a laptop, virtually impossible.

Shilohbob, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

1. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card - Similar Threads - Laptops dedicated graphics

2. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  3. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  4. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dedicated graphics card has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated graphics card has stopped working: Yesterday I was using my computer as normal, when the screen suddenly froze for a few seconds before before showing a BSOD, with error message VIEDO_TDR_FAILURE. Annoying, but nothing all that bad. However, when the computer then started up again, I noted that the Nvidia...
  6. Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem

Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem: I have Intel HD 4000 graphic card and 8gb ram running with i5 processor and my total available graphic memory is 1792MB and my dedicated video memory is 0 MB and but shared system memory is 1792MB total graphic memory...
  7. Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.: hello I struggle for years with my problem and still not a fix for it. I have a laptop with the dual graphic card but in graphic setting the second graphic card not shown and can't use it. I do everything you can imagine for solving it like update everything windows,...
  8. Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.: Hey, I am trying to fight a big problem with my new laptop that all games are super slow(even though the requirements should be far below the specs of the laptop). However, the dedicated card is not working at all. It is detected and present in the device manager and amd...
  9. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  10. Dedicated graphic card display improperly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated graphic card display improperly.: I bought new PC and connect my graphic card (GTX 1060) to HDMI port of my monitor. I also connect VGA ports of monitor and motherboard. The problem is the graphic card cannot display desktop icons, applications...... The screenshot I took show 2 desktops: normal one of Intel...