Windows 10: Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Discus and support Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChiMansfield, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The

drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything.

:)

ChiMansfield, Oct 18, 2018

2. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB and the remainder in left in an unusable partition

Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678.02 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right
    click are greyed out.

I know this has to have been presented before and I am sorry for the redundant entry but I was unable to locate a listing or a search box.

jrooth6577, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB [​IMG]
    I have installed my cloned Western Digital Black 2 TB hard drive and booted up as sole drive and all went well. I then shut down my PC and disconnected the Western Digital Black 2 TB hard drive and I then reconnected my Western Digital Black 4 TB hard drive and then I converted this drive to GPT from MBR. I shut down my PC again and reconnected my Western Digital Black 2 TB hard drive, restarted and then went into my PC BIOS and set this drive as the primary boot device. I still cannot access any of the data in the just under 1700 GB partion of Disk 1. I started to assign a drive letter to this partion but a reformat was asked for, so I backed off from that option. What steps next should I take? Thank to All
    Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB [​IMG]

dlfetters48, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

How do I format a 2 TB thumb drive?

My printer does not recognize my 2 TB thumb drive when I put it into my printer to create a pdf or jpeg from a scan. Any suggestions on what the formatting specs should be when I re-format the drive with Windows 10?

The Drive tools/Manager/Format specs in my Windows 10 are for:

Capacity showing as 1.90 TB

File System (3 choices are exFat (default), NTFS, and 512KB)

Allocation Unit size ( has many choices)

I usually check "Quick format" box.

Thanks.

OutdoorSteve, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB

1. Large 4 tb drive but Windows only recognizes 2 TB - Similar Threads - Large drive recognizes

2. 2,1tb to 2, 3 tb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2,1tb to 2, 3 tb: Windows 11. I got a new case and putting my stuff from old computer into it. I want to replace the two, 1TB drives with two, 3TB drives that are one drive D: in storage spaces. Can I remove the 1TB's and plug and play the 3TB's? Both are same model. Or will I need to set up a...
  3. a new ad on 2 TB usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a new ad on 2 TB usb drive: How should I procede to install as my new F: drive? Installing on my Acer aspire M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-ad-on-2-tb-usb-drive/c1b1abbc-2cca-4976-9118-cb274b007bc0
  4. USB 2 TB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2 TB flash drive: My computer read this usb drive at one time now isnt reading it. Can anyone help. I checked the drivers and the settings but it hasnt helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-2-tb-flash-drive/8eaf1b7f-26d1-4e4d-9152-065263607892
  5. Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't I extend C partition past 2 Tb on a 4 Tb drive?: Windows will not let me extend C drive partition past 2 Tb why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-extend-c-partition-past-2-tb-on-a-4-tb/1995bdc4-6e5c-4eae-aead-36557202364b
  6. XP accessing large TB volumes on NAS drives

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP accessing large TB volumes on NAS drives: Hi folks to those still using XP VM's and want to share folders with NAS drives - especially large TB volumes you need in the SAMBA system on the NAS to set max protocol="NT1" in the smb .conf file (latest SMB versions give error if you say SMB1 or SMBV1) and also specify...
  7. Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed 4 TB disk, ended up with 2 TB disk and 1.6 TB unallocated.: I installed a Western Digital Black 4 TB disk with the NTSF file system with the New Simple Volume. It replaced a Western Digital Blue 2 TB drive as the G drive. Ended up with a 2 TB disk and 1.6 unallocated. Please tell me how to fix this. I really don't know what I'm...
  8. large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB

large 4 tb drive but windows only recognizes 2 TB: Trying to figure out a workaround to utilize the second partition on my 4 TB drive. The drive shows an active partition of 2048 GB and an unallocated partition of 1678 GB. I cannot format, activate or do anything as all options presented when I right click are greyed out....
  9. Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive

Cannot view area/data of hard drive above 2 TB of 4 TB hard drive: I had to uninstall Acronis True Image 2013 which seemed to be the issue with my Windows 10 64bit PC having many BSODs. Un-installing Acronis True Image 2013 meant that I lost the use of Acronis Extended Capacity Manager to make use of all of my Western Digital Black 4 TB hard...
  10. WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem

WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem: Another thread (External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer) prompted me to post this. I've got the WD Elements External drive connected with a USB cable. Love it, works great. Until I burn a DVD with the OEM burner in the pc. At which point...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acronis only regognizing 2tb

2. 4 tb only show 2tb windows

3. only 2 tb usable out of 8tb hard drive partition

4. windows only recognizes 2tb