Windows 10: Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service?

Discus and support Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am a dev who frequently uses software to inspect web traffic, and have always seen a very large amount of connections to "activity.windows.com:443"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chronicalord, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service?

I am a dev who frequently uses software to inspect web traffic, and have always seen a very large amount of connections to "activity.windows.com:443" from my local windows 10 computer (see screenshot here https://imgur.com/a/PX041Q9 ). At any one time there are about 3-4 of these requests sent per second. Can anyone help me find out what this data is and why it is being sent so frequently?

submitted by /u/Chronicalord
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chronicalord, Jul 24, 2020

2. dnsapi.dll: Norton says outbound traffic detected

Norton security software wants to run Power Eraser because it reports "outbound traffic detected." I run the Power Eraser, but Norton says it cannot fix the problem. Norton appears to identify dnsapi.dll as the source. I'm not sure if Norton is unnecessarily
    sensitive, or if the dnsapi.dll file might be infected.

ChadHanefeld, Jul 27, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Encrypt Outbound Traffic on Home network, How ?

Not sure about this so need help from network experts.

1. Is there anyway to keep tabs on PCs connected to home network so as to know what site they are connecting to and what the user is browsing on there right down to individual details like how much time spent on the site, what page was most viewed, how you arrived at the site ?

2. Is there anyway to encrypt the outbound traffic the above said individual PCs so that nobody on home network can monitor what you visited ?

Not talking about torrents here, just simple websites.

wolf2009, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Jack_246 Win User

Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service?

Suspicious Outbound Traffic Detected in Norton 360

Hi, everyone, earlier today went turned on my monitor for my computer I saw a pop-up from my Norton 360 Security suite saying "Outbound Traffic Detected, We have detected a large
    amount of suspicious activity on your system. Your computer may be infected with something that Norton Power Eraser can detect and remove." (I will post a screenshot of this so you guys can see) Then it asks I want to run Norton Power Eraser. After this happened
    I checked the logs and I noticed that Norton said that "An intrusion attempt by 66.240.250 was blocked." (There were two of these instances or entries the Security History windows.) It also says that IPS Alert is System Infected: GhostNet Backdoor Activity
    3 and the traffic description was TCP, Port 60670.(I will post a screenshot of this) There is also an instance or example in the log that say Intrusion Prevention Auto Block has blocked IP: 66.240.205.34 for a period of 30 minutes. After this I ran Norton
    Power Eraser and detected something but I think they are false positives because two the files were installers for Adobe CS2 that I download from Adobe's website, two were batch files that I made myself, one was a Google Chrome bookmarks file and the last
    one which I think the most suspicious was a registry key for "microsoft. powershell" The registry key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell\"ExecutionPolicy" and the file thumbprint is SHA: Not Available. What
    does this mean? What should I do? What is going on? Is my computer infected One thing that I think is odd is that the Security History Window the is there are several entries or instances of Ip Address has disappeared from adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling
    Adapter (then it list Ip address.) Is this normal? The software that I have downloaded and installed recently is Seagate Sea Tools, Acronis Disk Director, Paragon Partition Manager 14 Free, and I have reinstalled and updated AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard,
    I have also updated Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and tried install Seagate DiscWizard. All of the software that I have mentioned was downloaded from the developer's website My computer seems to be running as well at it used to I have not noticed
    any abnormal performance slow downs except for wireless adapter. I done multiple antivirus scan recently with Malwarebytes and Norton 360 and both of them have not come up with anything. Thank you, hope you guys can help me.

Jack_246, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service?

1. Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service? - Similar Threads - Large amount outbound

2. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  3. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  4. Windows Defender only allows inbound app traffic even with outbound app traffic specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender only allows inbound app traffic even with outbound app traffic specified.: Hi Everyone thanks for looking in,I would welcome any help in finding a resolution to this :I have the latest Microsoft Windows Professional again now installed oddly the Windows Defender even when its set to all out bound traffic does not seem to allow app outbound traffic...
  5. Windows Defender only allows inbound app traffic even with outbound app traffic specified.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender only allows inbound app traffic even with outbound app traffic specified.: Hi Everyone thanks for looking in,I would welcome any help in finding a resolution to this :I have the latest Microsoft Windows Professional again now installed oddly the Windows Defender even when its set to all out bound traffic does not seem to allow app outbound traffic...
  6. Windows Defender only allows inbound app traffic even with outbound app traffic specified.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. A large amount of Files gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A large amount of Files gone: So I just booted my PC one day like normal when all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of my files have gone missing along with programs and my wallpaper.Please someone help me I don't want to redownload everything and I also don't want to be missing numerous files that are...
  8. Audio, Video, & Outbound Ethernet Traffic Stuttering, Skipping, Or Glitching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio, Video, & Outbound Ethernet Traffic Stuttering, Skipping, Or Glitching: Video Example: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wt7FziRnWCyA7f16 This is a Dell Precision 7520 with i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro 2004. Audio playback experiences skips, glitches, or stuttering. Video will do the same thing on screen at the same moment as the audio....
  9. Delivery Optimisation under Service Host: Network Service using large amounts of data on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimisation under Service Host: Network Service using large amounts of data on...: It's basically the title. I have activated metered connection, disabled any kind of diagnostics and delivery optimisation on my computer as well as limiting the settings to a minimum under the advanced setting in delivery optimisation but to no avail. My computer has used a...
  10. Transferring a large amount of data

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring a large amount of data: I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD. I am using Windows 10 Professional. Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do this please. Many thanks. 138112