Windows 10: Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

Discus and support Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, after most of my previous problems have been resolved the thumbnails still seem to be somewhat not working. Whenever I choose large or extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Synthic, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Synthic Win User

Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

Hey,

after most of my previous problems have been resolved the thumbnails still seem to be somewhat not working.

Whenever I choose large or extra large thumbnails in the View option of the explorer they are not shown or they are only shown until I refresh / close the folder once.

Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown b30b0028-2980-4058-9f70-94d9d1073320?upload=true.png

I already cleared the thumbnail cache in every method possible and also disabled "Always show icons, never thumbnails". Any idea what could be the cause of this?

:)

Synthic, Oct 11, 2018

2. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually grows rather then the space it occupies?

Rebuilding thumbnails didn't help.
    It used to work fine and just stopped a while back.

visibility, Oct 11, 2018
  3. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

I have the same problem, and thought it might be because I upgraded to 4k. But this sounds like it might not be that. So any solution would be awesome. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown :)

rherman226, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

1. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown - Similar Threads - Large extra large

2. My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?: I am looking at my thumbnails as large but when I click extra large they still show up as the same size the picture or the icon doesn't get bigger for the viewing...
  3. My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?: I am looking at my thumbnails as large but when I click extra large they still show up as the same size the picture or the icon doesn't get bigger for the viewing...
  4. My thumbnail are showing as large pictures but not extra large...how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extra large are not extra large jpegs in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra large are not extra large jpegs in windows explorer: I am trying to get my jpeg files to appear larger e.g. extra large but there is no difference between large and extra large other than more space between them. I have a fairly new HP Spectre laptop and this is so frustrating for photo work. please help Peg...
  6. Extra large are not extra large jpegs in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extra large are not extra large jpegs in windows explorer: I am trying to get my jpeg files to appear larger e.g. extra large but there is no difference between large and extra large other than more space between them. I have a fairly new HP Spectre laptop and this is so frustrating for photo work. please help Peg...
  7. Windows Explorer large and extra large icons all missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer large and extra large icons all missing.: Hi guys, Got a weird issue with a friends computer. A few weeks ago she said that all the icons disappeared so I jumped on teamviewer to check it out and found that in Windows Explorer, viewing large or extra large icons shows the icons as totally blank (all file types and...
  8. Can't view any icons in large or extra large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't view any icons in large or extra large: View in medium icons [ATTACH] But view in large icons [ATTACH] Everything else works just fine. It seems like windows 10 won't read any icons in large or extra large....
  9. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...
  10. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails: I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer wont display extra large thumbnails