Windows 10: Large Black Spot On Laptop Screen

Discus and support Large Black Spot On Laptop Screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A few years ago there were thin-to splotchy black lines broken in places but running almost from edge to edge on this same HP 840 G2 ... but over time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Airider, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Airider Win User

Large Black Spot On Laptop Screen

A few years ago there were thin-to splotchy black lines broken in places but running almost from edge to edge on this same HP 840 G2 ... but over time they disappeared. I normally use my newer G3, saving this one for very hot days. It has been working great, now running 21H1. Today it was hot so there was a fan blowing on the computer, blowing from the rear across the internal fan intake and also the back of the screen -- the device is elevated and held above a wire-grid supporting surface -- but I periodically felt the underside where the internal fan exhausts and it was not especially warm; further I also periodically put my ear to the device and the internal fan was not running (but it does function!). Suddenly this large 3/4" / 2 cm black spot appeared .... almost in the same place where the line was a few years ago. When I gently press on it a light halo appears around it .... that does happen if I press on other parts of the screen, but only barely light, the halo around the dot is much brighter and if I press harder on the black spot the halo goes outward forming a light ring. I tried several "internet fixes" (wet Q-tip, etc.) to do avail. Following advice in an HP support forum I updated the graphics driver (Intel HD Graphics 5500), did Windows System Restore, Macrium Reflect Image Restore, sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Any ideas beyond get a new screen or laptop ....? - - - Updated - - - The only correlation I can see as to what made the lines from 2 years ago (in the heat here at the same time of year in 2019 as this new issue) disappear over time .... is that the G2 was stored with the screen folded closed and the device left upright, since I mostly use the G3. That would allow the Liquid Crystals to flow back into place or get "re-wet"-- maybe -- but mostly allow the screen cable that goes through the hinge to hinge position and un-pinch itself. My guess as to the cause of the old lines was a pinched cable ... something like a pinched nerve (this is an old machine).

:)

Airider, Jun 18, 2021

2. HOW TO REMOVE LARGE BLACK BORDER FROM DISPLAY?

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern with the large black border and missing Control Panel from its usual spot. For better assistance, please clarify the following information:

• How are you accessing Control Panel now?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the large black border that you are currently seeing?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Large Black Spot On Laptop Screen - Similar Threads - Large Black Spot

2. Random Black Spot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Spot.: Today I opened up my laptop for the first time in a few days. Three or four to be exact. There is no apparent damage except for giant black blob on my screen. At the bas, which is at the bottom of the screen is a black circle, then it kinda branches out and goes halfway up my...
  3. Random Black Spot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Spot.: Today I opened up my laptop for the first time in a few days. Three or four to be exact. There is no apparent damage except for giant black blob on my screen. At the bas, which is at the bottom of the screen is a black circle, then it kinda branches out and goes halfway up my...
  4. Random Black Spot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Random Black Spot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black spots on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black spots on screen: I just got these black pixels on my screen just yesterday. It was just a single line but on the morning it spread. So I tried Google it and it says stuck/dead pixels. Some advice me to rub it gently. And I did, somehow it worked for some spots.Any more advice how to remove...
  7. Large Black Spot On Laptop Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Large Black Spot On Laptop Screen: A few years ago there were thin-to splotchy black lines broken in places but running almost from edge to edge on this same HP 840 G2 ... but over time they disappeared. I normally use my newer G3, saving this one for very hot days. It has been working great, now running 21H1....
  8. Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asus laptop boots to black screen with weirdly large cursor please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThePancakePWNer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7gfbr/asus_laptop_boots_to_black_screen_with_weirdly/
  9. Black screen with Blue Circling Spot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with Blue Circling Spot: Can Anyone help me with this dilemma, I can't install to the latest update every time I do I get a black screen with a circling blue spot. I've had to restore my computer 5 times because of it. The Second time I restored my computer I Installed the update I let it sit there...
  10. Large entirely black lines on side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Large entirely black lines on side of screen: Hello everyone, I have a (I think) problem with my resolution. There are two noticeable entirely black lines [and no, this is not my monitor making the black lines.] There is one on the left side of my screen and it's about 15px wide, and another at the bottom of my...