Windows 10: Large entirely black lines on side of screen

Discus and support Large entirely black lines on side of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a (I think) problem with my resolution. There are two noticeable entirely black lines [and no, this is not my monitor making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcturus, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Arcturus Win User

Large entirely black lines on side of screen

Hello everyone, I have a (I think) problem with my resolution.

There are two noticeable entirely black lines [and no, this is not my monitor making the black lines.]

There is one on the left side of my screen and it's about 15px wide, and another at the bottom of my screen that is about 5px in height.

This happened about an hour ago, when I was notified something about my dual monitor experience [I only have one monitor], then my screen went crazy.

My screen's native resolution is 1360x768, but I can make it 1366x768 with no problems.

I cannot get any screenshots of this, sorry.

:)

Arcturus, Feb 2, 2015

2. Lumia 640

The display is not filling up the entire screen. There is a lot of black space on the right side.

HemantGopal, Feb 2, 2015
  3. xcool123 Win User
    help!

how do i get rid of the 2 vertical, black lines on the sides of my screen

xcool123, Feb 2, 2015
  4. Large entirely black lines on side of screen

Hello Arcturus,
    what graphics card are you using:Have you tried setting up the monitor to the card first.this is usually a button on the front of the monitor(say menu select) Entering this will normally let you access Vertical and horizontal shift and resizing functions:have you changed the monitor recently?.

More info needed Topper.

BE WARNED over scanning the monitor spec can damage the monitor especialy the line(horizontal timings).Stick to the maximum spec of the manufacturer. .

toppergraph, Feb 2, 2015
  5. Arcturus Win User
    I'm really stupid, I just found the auto position function on my monitor, you really got to love when it's hidden under 'Advanced', when it only took a second and isn't advanced..

But thank you, I will keep my resolution at the recommended one, don't need to damage this at all!

Arcturus, Feb 2, 2015
  6. Yes never over scan your monitors spec:
    Mark your thread solved and add me a thumbs up

welcome to the forum
    well done Topper.

toppergraph, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Large entirely black lines on side of screen

1. Large entirely black lines on side of screen - Similar Threads - Large entirely black

2. Black screen with vertical lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with vertical lines: Hi there,so i got a new laptop two days ago and it has got an i7 11th gen and rtx 3060 with 32 gigs ram. But when I use it it goes really well for an hour or so but sometimes the display freaks out and does these weird lines like in the pic. Is it broken or do I have to...
  3. Multi-Screen Lines at Corners/Sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi-Screen Lines at Corners/Sides: Hi, I am running two screens and have them set up in their native resolution of 2560 x 1440. My issue is that I use the second screen to have Chrome and Discord next to each other and I always get this thin line at the outer corner/side where I can still see my desktop shine...
  4. thin bluevertical line on screen left side?

in Windows 10 Customization
    thin bluevertical line on screen left side?: I have a thin blue vertical line on my screen appears after windows start up how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thin-bluevertical-line-on-screen-left-side/db7fe113-3630-464a-9276-93c8cfb271c1
  5. Weird black lines on screen

Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  6. Icons are too large and not visible entirely on the screen

Icons are too large and not visible entirely on the screen: Hello, I have been having this issue since the past day. The icons on the desktop were all stretched horizontally across the screen. On trying to resize them using the options in settings, the icons just kept disappearing until only recycle bin was visible on the top of the...
  7. Black Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Lines on Screen: Hello all, My computer started getting these weird black lines on the screen[ATTACH]. I asked a friend of mine, and he said the pixels had died. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I need to study with this constantly. Any help will be appreciated. [Original Title: My...
  8. White Line on Left Side of Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Line on Left Side of Screen: I bought a Lenovo Ideapad this year and suddenly this white line has appeared on the left side of the screen. It won't go away even when I go on full-screen videos on Youtube or Netflix. How can I make it go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. lines on right hand side of screen in W10

lines on right hand side of screen in W10: Any idea how I get rid of the lines on the RHS of my screen, using W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lines-on-right-hand-side-of-screen-in-w10/69e6466d-07b8-440c-86c7-6c551f1c0cc2
  10. Screen nearly entirely black

Screen nearly entirely black: Earlier today, I set my screen's brightness to 0 while looking through the display settings. When I tried to put the brightness back up, it flickered for a second and remained almost pitch black. When I put the brightness back to 100, it won't go up. The only way I can...