Windows 10: Large Font on Desktop Icons

Discus and support Large Font on Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I can't get the fonts on the icons on my desktop to reduce in size, the icons are ok now but not the fonts. They are also too big in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FloSmith, May 14, 2019.

1. FloSmith Win User

Large Font on Desktop Icons

Hi there, I can't get the fonts on the icons on my desktop to reduce in size, the icons are ok now but not the fonts. They are also too big in the menus on Outlook. I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Have tried going into Settings, Display, Scale & Layout, no slider just Change the Size of tex, apps etc 100% Reco'ed or 125%. Can anyone help me get out of this please!

:)

FloSmith, May 14, 2019

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 14, 2019
  3. How to change the desktop icon font

hello JeffRoberts3

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

Go to Settings.

Choose Personalization.

Select Themes.

Under Themes, select Theme settings.

On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.

To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

Right-click on your desktop.

Click View.

Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.

Pedro Bruguera, May 14, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Large Font on Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Large Font Desktop

2. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  3. menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large

menu font, file explorer font and desktop icon font too large: How can I make this look normal? The font increased for some unknown reason [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menu-font-file-explorer-font-and-desktop-icon-font/a502bf76-1c7f-4271-b403-67f96f2d33dc
  4. Very large desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very large desktop icons: [ATTACH] I have no clue what I did here. my desktop had normal icons and now they are fricking huge, many of them are covering other icons. Also not gonna lie, I am kinda small brained when it comes to computers and stuff so any help is appreciated. do not mind the dwayne...
  5. Extra Large font & icon in Search Window

Extra Large font & icon in Search Window: I have accidentally resized the icon and fonts in search window, it's too much oversized. How can I get it back to the default size. Thanks. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Large fonts

Large fonts: I'm trying to run an old app used in the past with windows XP and I'm getting a message that in order for tis app to be able to run I need to switch to 1024x768 resolution which I already did and also to switch to LARGE FONTS which I can't find the way to do it. Any ideas or...
  7. Font on desktop icons

Font on desktop icons: I have just had an update and for some reason the font on desktop items are much less legible. I have spent lots of time following previous advice on this subject but am at a loss as none of the replies apply to the routes available on the display settings. Please help....
  8. Shadow font on desktop icons

Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727
  9. Desktop Icon Font 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Font 1803: I was using the following registry hack to change the font and it's not changing now. I like a larger font & bold. Can anyone tell me what has changed ? I use it with a solid blue screen. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Created by: Shawn Brink; Created on: February...
  10. Change Desktop Icon Fonts?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Desktop Icon Fonts?: Hello. It took a while but I finally was able to install Windows 10. My question now is, is there is a way to change the desktop icon fonts (name, size, bold, italic)? I right clicked on the desktop but couldn't find anything about fonts. 13682