Windows 10: Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018)

Discus and support Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the latest update (today, Nov 14 2018) my network latency seems to have gone through the roof. I am a composer and music producer who uses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rgames, Nov 14, 2018.

1. rgames Win User

Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018)

After the latest update (today, Nov 14 2018) my network latency seems to have gone through the roof. I am a composer and music producer who uses several computers to run virtual instruments that send audio data over my LAN. The machines had been running fine but they did an update today and when I rebooted I no longer had clean audio transfers - there are all kinds of crackles and pops in the audio.

So:

1. How do I fix this problem?
    2. Is there any way to completely disable the automatic updates? (Yes, I do the "delay" updates thing).

This is causing me a lot of lost productivity. And the system worked fine before the update, so odds are extremely high it was the update that caused the problem. Back in the XP days I was able to choose when (and if) to update, so I could do it during slow-downs when I had time to adapt if a problem arose. I am extremely annoyed that I no longer have that option. But I digress...

Thanks in advance,

:)

rgames, Nov 14, 2018

2. Network latency

My system is a i5-3570k @4.1Ghz on an Asrock Z77. Not sure if that qualifies as old or not. The NAS is a Synology DS1515+ with the latest DSM.
    My NAS is running smbd 4.1.20:

Code:
    Code:
    admin@DS1515:/$ smbd -V Version 4.1.20 Synology Build 7321, May  4 2016 11:48:34
    Samba 4.1.20 was released on 9/1/15, so it's not that old.
    https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.1.20.html

sugargenius, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Mystere Win User
    Network latency

That's probably not network latency. Network latency is how long the low level network packets are delayed, and there is no indication that this problem is at a low level.

More than likely, given the age of your previous system (XP) your NAS is probably likewise older which means it probably doesn't support the latest SMB protocols fully. You might look to see if your NAS has an upgrade available for it.

Mystere, Nov 14, 2018
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018) [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018) cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018) - Similar Threads - Large increase network

2. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...
  3. Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19

Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19: last nite I noticed the pc needed an update so when I was done I told it to shut down and install update and went to bed. this morning I turned on the pc and the computer was reset back to new. desktop pic was changed back to original Microsoft. all desktop files were gone,...
  4. This Week on Xbox: December 14, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: December 14, 2018: PxSsnMZ9ekY We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  5. Bluetooth driver missing after the latest udpate done on October 14 2018

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver missing after the latest udpate done on October 14 2018: After the update, my bluetooth driver is missing. I can't find the said driver on the Device Manager, please see attached screen capture. [ATTACH] Kindly help. Thanks!...
  6. This Week on Xbox: September 14, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: September 14, 2018: This week's episode features the release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the State of Decay 2 Daybreak Pack, NBA 2K19 and much more. QPyNIRWG3sw 117842
  7. No Sound/devices after Windows latest Update, July 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound/devices after Windows latest Update, July 2018: What a nightmare! I'm really at the end of my rope here. Does anyone have a solution for getting the sound devices working again on my computer? The latest update in July 2018 did quite a bit of damage to my PC that I use for recording music using Pro Tools as a DAW. This...
  8. Latest update 07/20/2018

Latest update 07/20/2018: Computer just updated and a site that I use all the time for business will no longer open or work on chrome, Mozilla, or Edge. I does work on Tor and other computers at two different locations so I know the problem is Windows 10 and the newest update. I just turned off...
  9. Latest update 07/20/2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update 07/20/2018: Computer just updated and a site that I use all the time for business will no longer open or work on chrome, Mozilla, or Edge. I does work on Tor and other computers at two different locations so I know the problem is Windows 10 and the newest update. I just turned off...
  10. Network latency

Network latency: Since upgrading to 10.0.10586 a couple of days ago, opening files from network has become extremely sluggish. Nothing on the network side has changed, same router, same switches, same NAS. Previously, this machine was on XP SP3 and everything I clicked on opened...