Windows 10: Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray??

Discus and support Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody I have a Surface 3, and my daughter (18 months) recently got ahold of it, and now there is a large (to me) black arrow over the sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buildintechie, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray??

Hi everybody
    I have a Surface 3, and my daughter (18 months) recently got ahold of it, and now there is a large (to me) black arrow over the sys tray...screenshot below. Its not linked to an application, as I've hidden some and it stays in the same place on the screen. Any ideas as to what it is and how I get rid of it? Searching here and google hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance.

~Jeff

Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray?? [​IMG]

:)

buildintechie, Oct 20, 2016

2. How do you safely remove a USB drive in Windows 10 ?

Finally found the Hidden Icons. On my Windows 10 it is a downward facing arrow in the upper right

hand of the screen on the same line as time and date. When I hover over the downward facing arrow it

says "show hidden icons". When I see the hidden icons I clicked on the one that looks like a walkie talkie.

Click on that and it says "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". Then click on "Eject Flash Disk E"

FrancineRaggi, Oct 20, 2016
  3. DenLane Win User
    Windows 10 start menu dropdown

Every so often, I loose the expand menu in the Start Menu. There is a downward arrow that expands the title program such as Microsoft Office. When you click the downward arrow, it gives you choices of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

it does not function now. When I click the downward arrow, it closed the start menu.

How do I fix this issue?

DenLane, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray??

A cold start may clear it. Use 'Restart' to make sure Windows does the full startup process. 'Shut down' and turning back on may not be sufficient as you are likely set to use 'Fast start-up'.

PS: my grandson once managed to disable the keyboard on my laptop (kids eh?).

Thema:

Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray??

1. Large (ish) Black Downward Arrow over System Tray?? - Similar Threads - Large ish Black

2. System Tray arrow not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray arrow not showing.: After a recent windows 11 update, the little System Tray arrow just is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-arrow-not-showing/7693f6b4-b4e6-4127-af3d-79a21465ba2c
  3. System Tray arrow not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray arrow not showing.: After a recent windows 11 update, the little System Tray arrow just is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-arrow-not-showing/7693f6b4-b4e6-4127-af3d-79a21465ba2c
  4. System Tray Arrow Icon Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Arrow Icon Disappeared: The little Arrow ^ That appears when you group the Notification Icons together has vanished and I cannot seem to bring it back. I have located the Taskbar settings, turned the icons to appear both off and on, turned nearly all the System Icons on and off and have had no...
  5. SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon: hi there, I look for a method to hide the arrow icon of system tray, which opens the list of all icons. I have several customization tools like winaero and 7+ taskbar tweaker but none of it helps. the mentioned arrow is pointed on this pic [ATTACH] please any ideas ? any...
  6. Windows System files over 700GB large

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows System files over 700GB large: Recently, when trying to download a larger game on windows I discovered that I've run out of disk space due to the windows system files taking up 700GB of space on my 1TB hard drive. I've tried de-fragmenting, disk cleanup, and some other things to try and clear some of it up...
  7. windows defender system tray icon is black

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender system tray icon is black: this what my windows defender icon looks like https://imgur.com/qX39YT9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-system-tray-icon-is-black/98753490-bb4a-4c2f-855e-3b8d6e7c35e3"
  8. No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding: [ATTACH] My tray icons is all like this and wont group up with the arrow how can i fix this ran dism and sfc [ATTACH] Someone please help me out...
  9. Over large view

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over large view: Hello, please i really need your help. My Asus pc has not given me problem until i upgrade to windows 10. After upgrading i start facing different issue one of it is over stretched view. After restart i encounter a much more very serious one. Which is over large view at the...
  10. Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load: Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log collector tool since I cannot use my computer at all. It stays on the black screen even if I let it sit for hours. It's...