Windows 10: Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?

Discus and support Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Thanks - I'll bear that in mind. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Eddie Doc, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Eddie Doc Win User

Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?

Thanks - I'll bear that in mind.

Eddie Doc, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Eddie Doc Win User

Hi,
    Macrium takes up 162MB in my Program Files folder, yet I have the above mentioned folder in the downloads folder. What is it, and can it be safely deleted?
    I am a bit puzzled. *Confused

:)

Eddie Doc, Apr 21, 2018
  3. KaranPund Win User
    About memory problems

I had upgrade my windows 8 to Windows 10. But Windows.old folder is saved in
    drive c and it take large size . If i delete this folder it can safe? And what happened if i delete this folder?

KaranPund, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?

Help me !!!

Can i delete CITIES folder in my E63 memory card? Coz the size is too large !

exodia_necross, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Usually such a file in the Downloads Folder is used to install the program while C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) contains the actual installed program. If space is at a premium you usually can delete the file in Downloads but also Empty the Recycle Bin or the space will not be regained otherwise deleting does not automatically clear the space it used on the drive. I prefer storing such downloads on a separate USB drive against the day it may be needed, a hold-over from Dial-up days when large downloads took forever, if they didn't fail mid-stream and have to do over.

Berton, Apr 21, 2018
  6. Eddie Doc Win User
    Thanks, I was just about to post this:

Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it? [​IMG]

Eddie Doc, Apr 21, 2018
  7. topgundcp Win User
    The pe10_1607x64.zip file is a zip file used to create the Macrium Rescue WinPE disk. Save it somewhere so when needed to create a new version of Rescue disk, you don't have to re-download it.
    The other 2 executables file are the installation for Macrium version 6.XX and 7.XX, you can delete these since they are out of date. The current version is now:
    7.1.3159. You should download the new version and update your current one and also create a new rescue disk.

The screen shot below shows how to create a bootable Macrium Rescue disk. When prompt to download an 808MB file, click on browse and select this zip file.

Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 22, 2018
  8. Eddie Doc Win User

I am now on W10 version 1709 - will pe10_1607x64.zip be valid for creating the new rescue disc?

Eddie Doc, Apr 22, 2018
  9. Yes. It will work fine. I did the same just yesterday when I updated my Rescue Disk.

I did it on the Insider build 17134.1 also.

Access Denied, Apr 22, 2018
  10. Eddie Doc Win User
    Thanks.
    I just created a new rescue disk. However, I was not prompted to download the 808MB file - but it said the disk was created successfully. I then booted the pc from the disk into the PE rescue environment and it seemed to work. It loaded a 'stripped down' version of Macrium with the option to restore etc. Does that mean all is well?

Eddie Doc, Apr 24, 2018
  11. If you booted to the disk and it got into Macrium where you can restore, all is well. That is the main thing, to make sure it works before you need it. Sounds like you are good to go.

Access Denied, Apr 24, 2018
  12. Eddie Doc Win User
    That's good to know.
    One more thing: do I need to create a new rescue disk every time Macrium is updated?

Eddie Doc, Apr 24, 2018
  13. Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it?

Some will recommend creating a new rescue disk with each update. I personally will only make a new one after reading the update notes and it says something about updating the Macrium main engine, PE version, etc... something that might change the rescue disk version. I wouldn't do it for something like an udpate that only has fixes related to additional options that do not affect the rescue disk/restoring.

Access Denied, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Large Macrium folder(528MB) in my downloads folder - can I delete it? - Similar Threads - Large Macrium folder

2. Can I delete this folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete this folders?: Hello,is it safe to delete Dbg/sym folders from ProgramData folder? I solved BSOD I had. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-folders/19a16d58-bfae-4b11-bbc8-88a731e9b4ef
  3. what is this large temp folder - can I delete it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is this large temp folder - can I delete it ?: Dear All,I am short of memory on my hard disk under 7Gb on my windows 10 laptop - I found a folder called TEMP.LAPTOP-KUT598MH under C:\UsersIt seems to date from the start of the year when I had an issue with my laptop is it a backup ?it seems to contain 4 folders but 1 is...
  4. what is this large temp folder - can I delete it ?

what is this large temp folder - can I delete it ?: Dear All,I am short of memory on my hard disk under 7Gb on my windows 10 laptop - I found a folder called TEMP.LAPTOP-KUT598MH under C:\UsersIt seems to date from the start of the year when I had an issue with my laptop is it a backup ?it seems to contain 4 folders but 1 is...
  5. what is this large temp folder - can I delete it ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Wether these large folders start with "XDE" can be deleted in Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wether these large folders start with "XDE" can be deleted in Appdata folder: App data comsumes 70G of my C drive even though I have deleted almost everything possible...Today I find the folder Microsoft in Appdata accounts for 50G of the total, and find these two folder taking the largest space.The first one is XDE Proterties, and the other is...
  7. Wether these large folders start with "XDE" can be deleted in Appdata folder

Wether these large folders start with "XDE" can be deleted in Appdata folder: App data comsumes 70G of my C drive even though I have deleted almost everything possible...Today I find the folder Microsoft in Appdata accounts for 50G of the total, and find these two folder taking the largest space.The first one is XDE Proterties, and the other is...
  8. I deleted my System Download Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted my System Download Folder: So I download this program and it makes me choose where to store it and I didn’t plan to have that program for long so I just choose the download folder then after I uninstall the program I can’t access my Download System Folder. How can I restore this? submitted by...
  9. I can not delete a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not delete a folder.: After moving all my files to a new folder I can not delete the old one. So here's my story. My user folder is incorrectly spelled Zebed instead of Zebedee. So I made a new folder and moved everything. After moving everything to the new folder named Zebedee I realized that I...
  10. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pe10_1607x64.zip

2. pe10 1607x64 zip