Windows 10: Large Number Of Files Copying To FTP Partly Complete

Discus and support Large Number Of Files Copying To FTP Partly Complete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Version 20H2 (19042.1165) I am using an FTP server from my phone to transfer my music files (70GB+) from my computer to the phone. It was going fine, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by concorde0, Aug 16, 2021.

1. concorde0 Win User

Large Number Of Files Copying To FTP Partly Complete

Version 20H2 (19042.1165) I am using an FTP server from my phone to transfer my music files (70GB+) from my computer to the phone. It was going fine, I got to 85% complete, then I accidentally interrupted the copying. Now I don't know how to copy *only* the remaining files, and I don't know if the last file to copy was partially copied, or removed so that the 2nd to last file is complete. I don't want a partial song. If there is a "partial file", how do I find it? The sort by columns at the top in Details view, do not work properly - some of the "Date Created" values are not in order even when sorting by "Date Created". I tried comparing source and destination folders in WinMerge but I couldn't open the FTP in that program. When trying to copy ALL files again, of course, Windows 10 just gives up trying to find all the files that already exist in destination, and does nothing at all. To get to 85% took many hours. So I don't really want to delete all the music off my phone then copy all again. Is there a way to copy files while forcing Windows to check for *all* already-existing files in destination? I seemingly can't use the FTP in command line because Windows doesn't recognise it as a directory. I was going to try the /-y option for the copy command in Command Prompt as I thought there was a small chance it could do what I wanted, but the FTP can't be used in the command.

:)

concorde0, Aug 16, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Suggest FTP client

i need a ftp client like smartftp in which i can add files to upload in queue and i can set schedule time like from 2am to 7pm etc.. after 7am or completing upload it should shutdown my laptop automatically..

using windows vista homeemium..
    actually i was satisfied with smartftp but it stopped working now..i think trial copy expired..

so suggest me which ftp client i should use?

freebird_9924, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Large Number Of Files Copying To FTP Partly Complete - Similar Threads - Large Number Files

2. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  3. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  4. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  6. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  7. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

8. Large Number Of Files Copying To FTP Partly Complete

in Windows 10 Support
    Large Number Of Files Copying To FTP Partly Complete: Version 20H2 (19042.1165) I am using an FTP server from my phone to transfer my music files (70GB+) from my computer to the phone. It was going fine, I got to 85% complete, then I accidentally interrupted the copying. Now I don't know how to copy *only* the remaining files,...
  9. When copying a large number of files, such as updating a music playlist, Windows 10 will...

When copying a large number of files, such as updating a music playlist, Windows 10 will...: Due to space issues, I don't keep my entire music collection on my phone, but it does have a large playlist on it. Previously I would update this list by simply dragging and dropping the selected files from the Windows 10 machine to the android music folder or copy/paste the...
  10. Copying large MP4 files

Copying large MP4 files: I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than 4Gb but some are...