Windows 10: Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

Discus and support Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime I turn on my PC, I see that a large part of my desktop wallpaper is gone. Only way to fix it is to go into settings and select the wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matt_F19, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Matt_F19 Win User

Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

Everytime I turn on my PC, I see that a large part of my desktop wallpaper is gone. Only way to fix it is to go into settings and select the wallpaper again. It's super annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?

:)

Matt_F19, Mar 31, 2022

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Mar 31, 2022
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Mar 31, 2022
  4. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

Hi Wujek,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Let us inform that the Spotlight feature is only available on the Lock screen. This feature is not applicable on Desktop screen.

However you can normally keep sliding desktop wallpaper.

Follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 31, 2022
Thema:

Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

1. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing - Similar Threads - Large Part Desktop

2. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large part of desktop wallpaper missing: Everyyime I turn on my pc a large part of my wallpaper at top went missing. The only way to fix it is to apply the wallpaper again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-part-of-desktop-wallpaper-missing/04ba6e05-7c31-44e9-b562-787d2bcba6c5
  3. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large part of desktop wallpaper missing: Everyyime I turn on my pc a large part of my wallpaper at top went missing. The only way to fix it is to apply the wallpaper again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-part-of-desktop-wallpaper-missing/04ba6e05-7c31-44e9-b562-787d2bcba6c5
  4. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing: Everytime I turn on my PC, I see that a large part of my desktop wallpaper is gone. Only way to fix it is to go into settings and select the wallpaper again. It's super annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?...
  6. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing: Everytime I turn on my PC, I see that a large part of my desktop wallpaper is gone. Only way to fix it is to go into settings and select the wallpaper again. It's super annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?...
  7. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  9. Program or parts disappearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program or parts disappearing: Why does every win 10 update either wipe out programs, their serial numbers, etc. Software venders are starting to tell me that my software is being used on multiple machines when it is for single machine use only and I must repurchase it if I want to keep using it. Some of...
  10. Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing

Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing: So the last two days I have noticed my desktop wallpaper either resizes itself to 1080p - I am on 4k - or it vanishes altogether. I have set slideshow to disable in power options. I turned theme sync off as I don't have any other windows devices, wonder how i reset the...