Windows 10: large ping spikes when playing games

Discus and support large ping spikes when playing games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, for a while now I am experiencing large ping spikes in game and also discord from time to time, ive ran the ping -t 8.8.8.8 command and these are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalumGoodall, Nov 30, 2020.

1. large ping spikes when playing games

Hi, for a while now I am experiencing large ping spikes in game and also discord from time to time, ive ran the ping -t 8.8.8.8 command and these are my result from running it for a few minutes:

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=219ms TTL=117 <------

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=117

Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=71ms TTL=117

I will get these huge 200ms spikes from time to time and I have no idea what is causing it, I've checked multiple times with my ISP and they assure me it's nothing wrong on their end.

:)

CalumGoodall, Nov 30, 2020

2. Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Nartical Win User
    Ping Spikes

Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to

1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now

Nartical, Nov 30, 2020
  4. large ping spikes when playing games

Extreme ping spikes whilst playing games!

Hi,

I play games such as CS:GO (Counter Strike: Global Offensive), H1Z1, Minecraft and many more. When I play games such as H1Z1 everything is fine no lag, no problems, however when I play CS:GO I get extreme ping spikes and I do not know how to fix it! I have
    looked everywhere! And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere! I can be playing a match with 40-60 ping then all of a sudden is goes to 800-1000 in a matter of seconds! If someone could help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

System:

Asus ROG G511

Intel Core i7

8GB Ram

64 bit

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m

Josh

JStandley22, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

large ping spikes when playing games

1. large ping spikes when playing games - Similar Threads - large ping spikes

2. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random ping spike when playing games: Hi,I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall...
  3. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random ping spike when playing games: Hi,I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall...
  4. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Large ping spikes on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large ping spikes on Windows 11/10: I've been having huge lagspikes since, forever. It's become extremely annoying now and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. I'm not sure if it's a software issue, hardware issue, or network issue. It has sometimes fixed after restarting, but as soon as I restart again or...
  6. Large ping spikes on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large ping spikes on Windows 11/10: I've been having huge lagspikes since, forever. It's become extremely annoying now and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. I'm not sure if it's a software issue, hardware issue, or network issue. It has sometimes fixed after restarting, but as soon as I restart again or...
  7. Large ping spikes

Large ping spikes: I am having a new issue and I'm trying to figure out if it has to do with my PC or router. When I ping google's DNS in command prompt I get a "request timed out" message mixed in with my normal ping levels. When gaming I have ping spikes that make it impossible to play. I...
  8. Random Ping spikes when playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Ping spikes when playing: I have been getting random lag spikes in game for a long time now, I have a good CPU and GPU so I dont think thats the problem, My OS runs on an SSD and I have changed multiple internet companies to see if they are the issue, but it keeps coming back, I saw a post related to...
  9. ping spikes while gaming

ping spikes while gaming: ill just get to the point. i have a 3mb ethernet connection and it wont let me game in the daytime, by that i mean i experience very high ping and packet loss of 100% every few seconds and unable to play with any satisfaction in the day, but when its past midnight it works...
  10. Ping spikes in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes in games: So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks something, but despite disabling the updates windows decided to force them on to my laptop. Ever since the update I have experienced...