Windows 10: Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else?

Discus and support Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I starting seeing large ads showing up just above the left side of the toolbar. They don't go away until I click an arrow. These have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rosawoodsii, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else?

A few weeks ago I starting seeing large ads showing up just above the left side of the toolbar. They don't go away until I click an arrow. These have been annoying but now they're even advertising sexual function enhancers. I've run a complete ZoneAlarm virus scan and a complete Malwarebytes scan (both versions are free) and nothing has shown up. This made me wonder if these are actually ZoneAlarm ads. Can someone tell me? I've attached a couple of screen shots.

:)

rosawoodsii, Dec 24, 2018
  2. wrkmpls Win User

ZoneAlarm

My ActiveSync connection has been disabled after previously working fine. The troubleshooting scan states that there is a conflict with ZoneAlarm. I do not have ZoneAlarm installed!

wrkmpls, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Rhino01 Win User
    Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

I couldn't get ZoneAlarm to uninstall or install the win 10 version period. So had to go back to win 7 and delete it, then upgrade again.
    Thanks for you suggestion's though.

Rhino01, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else?

Windows 10 and ZoneAlarm.

I got the Windows 10 'upgrade' and was willing to work with the myriad of little problems that have cropped up but when I found out that my ZoneAlarm was not working and 'Defender' was running, I tried to redownload ZoneAlarm from the back up CD that
    I have. Imagine my surprise when I got a message that ZoneAlarm would not - does not work with Windows 10. This was not in the information I got from this website. Why wasn't anyone told beforehand that it would not work? I want to go back to Windows 8.1
    where everything works {mostly) with my securityware . I just paid for a year's subscription in April 2015 and don't appreciate the fact that I cannot use it as I have for the last 14 years. Any suggestions? Windows Defender is not as good a firewall as
    ZoneAlarm and doesn't have the reliability I have come to expect and depend on. Vipre is a good product but the firewall is not as good. Is there a way to make this work?

CatraFelinis, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else?

1. Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else? - Similar Threads - Large random ads

2. False positive? Or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False positive? Or something else?: I made the mistake of downloading something that had this virus, and I deleted the files within the folders that were affected by it originally It was a .Zip I extracted, if that matters and re-scanned my computer using Microsoft Defender Antivirus The default one and it said...
  3. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  4. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  5. Virus, bug or something else ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Random System Freezing - Chrome/Chromium? OR Something else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random System Freezing - Chrome/Chromium? OR Something else?: Ever since the end of January, early February, i've had issue with my system just randomly freezing. this normally happens when Chrome is open and i believe the issue could be that. Heres the thread i started over in /Chrome:...
  7. Corrupt files or something else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupt files or something else?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/keyzeyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8p9e3/corrupt_files_or_something_else/
  8. Bad CPU or Something Else???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad CPU or Something Else???: Hi all, I am having this issue with an old PC that I was trying to resurrect as an "Internet Browsing/Youtube" computer for our house guest and the specs of the PC is Intel Core 2 X6800 + Asus P5Q (Latest BIOS 2209) + 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD. Installed Windows 10 Pro (1909)...
  9. is this a driver problem or something else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this a driver problem or something else: After upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 , the HDMI port on my HP pavilion HPE 1230-c desktop no longer works. Other than buying a new PC (not happening) is there a solution?...
  10. Hacking Attack ? or something else

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacking Attack ? or something else: Yesterday my machine crashed and rebooted , when I investigated the Minidump I read a message in it "This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack and the system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it." It also mentions...