Windows 10: Large spaces on taskbar

Discus and support Large spaces on taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is a screenshot from one of the WindowsCentral YouTube channel. Here, on the right most taskbar, the icons are nicely and cleanly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LiftedCorn, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Large spaces on taskbar

/u/LiftedCorn, Sep 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Taskbar too large

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Follow the below method.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• On taskbar tab, uncheck the box Use small taskbar button
      and click on Apply.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Large spaces on taskbar

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Large spaces on taskbar

1. Large spaces on taskbar - Similar Threads - Large spaces taskbar

2. Windows 11 Taskbar too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar too large: Hello.My machine recently updated overnight to a newer ilk of Windows 11. I am a longtime windows user and I struggle with eyesight - the majority of my time is spend in the main interface and I have a very modest screen size for my office usage.The revised Task bar is...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar too large: Hello.My machine recently updated overnight to a newer ilk of Windows 11. I am a longtime windows user and I struggle with eyesight - the majority of my time is spend in the main interface and I have a very modest screen size for my office usage.The revised Task bar is...
  4. DCFWinService taking up large cpu space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCFWinService taking up large cpu space: DCFWinService was taking up around 30% of my CPU Intel Core i3 8130U and this started happening ever since I downloaded Windows 10 October 2020 20h2. I would try end the task but after a while it would just pop back up. I also tried upgrading to the newer build 19042.906...
  5. Large window disks space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Large window disks space.: Does anyone know why is my windows folder takes up 44 GB? Even winSXS folder takes up 8.6 GB? I've already tried disk clean up, defragment, window update troubleshoot but nothing much change....
  6. Taskbar empty space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar empty space: [ATTACH] I have an empty space between the last icon on the rightvolume an the date and time. If i try to turn on an icon from the taskbar list, the last one disappears. As you can see i have the network icon turned on but it`s not showing in the taskbar. If i turn the...
  7. Bootcamp large space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootcamp large space: I just installed windows on my mac, and allocated 100 gb of memory into it. However, the system states that it's using 204 gb as system files to ensure that windows will work. I feel like this is a glitch or bug. How do I fix this? And no, it's not a visual glitch because I...
  8. Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen: Something happened about a month ago where the usable area of the screen is not all visible. For instance, when a desktop item is updated the icon for it will appear in the upper left corner of the screen...but only the right half will be visible. It appears that the monitor...
  9. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019
  10. No Free Space, OEM Partition too Large?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Free Space, OEM Partition too Large?: I recently did what I thought was a clean install of windows 10. I now have no room at all left on the laptop to install anything, I am down to 400mb of free space. I am not sure what the problem is. I thought a clean install would free up more space. Any suggestions? The...