Windows 10: Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

Discus and support Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eric Laut, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Eric Laut Win User

Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

Hi,

Several users in my organization (Windows 10, updated to latest 1809 version, on recent Dell computers) have the following issue: when maximizing a window (Chrome, Slack, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), they see a large white band at the top, sometimes at the bottom, of the maximized window. When at the top, for example, the entire upper part of the window in not only hidden by the bar, but also unclickable. In fact, when one clicks on it, it actually acts as if one clicks on the desktop behind of the window even though this application is maximized.

Can anyone help get rid of this very annoying bug?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Eric Laut, Feb 15, 2019
  2. BrandonD. Win User

Maximizing application at top of screen causes white border

So I recently noticed a white border that would pop above any application I maximize. This problem has occurred for maybe a week now and is honestly getting quite annoying. So I noticed it on spotify application where I would drag and drop spotify on the
    top of my screen to maximize it but when dropping it, it would maximize it but there would not be at least 1cm on space from the top of my screen with half white border, half my background of my monitor. Now its not a huge issue but it is quite annoying as
    when i throw my spotify or discord at the top of the screen it becomes a 50/50 chance to whether or not it will have that white border. I have talked with a few buddies of mine as well as talked to 2 hours worth of windows tech support to find no solution.
    So I am going to aim this at another windows bug. If anyone can help me find out a solution to this would be great.

I have currently tried rolling back display drivers for my monitors. I have tried to disable the ease of access option for the auto-arranging of the windows to see if resetting it would make a difference. Also one of the tech support people also had me download
    the windows 10 update assistant which was called the "In-Place update" for what he called it.

I have found 2 other people besides myself that have occurred this problem and windows support will not help me unless I pay $149 for a remote session.

This bug is nothing major or anything that causes me to not use the computer but this main purpose is to make awareness that this bug does exist and would like to help solve this issue with other people in case they run into it.

Thank, Brandon.

BrandonD., Feb 15, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

White bar covering top portion of Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Hi, I have 2 users that have suffered from this problem. Windows Explorer displays a white bar at the top and doesn't display correctly. A reboot solves the issue, restarting the process does not. You can interact with the area where the white bar is,
    it simply doesn't display correctly. Moving the window around, the white bar only shows in Windows Explorer, no other apps. Both are using HP desktops but completely different models, one is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 Mini the other a HP Z240 Tower Workstation.
    I uninstalled/reinstalled the latest driver for each computer from the HP website with no success. The issue is random and intermittent. Any suggestions?

OliverSchofieldWilsonWright, Feb 15, 2019
    1 person likes this.
Thema:

Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows

1. Large white bar at top or bottom of maximized applications/windows - Similar Threads - Large white bar

2. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  3. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  4. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...: Hi All,I have multiple 2016 RDS servers that are having an issue where only a couple of users are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized application/window Chrome & Explorer are both effected.I originally posted a question on these forums over two years ago and did...
  6. Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDS Server 2016 - White bar at top of maximized window Chrome & Explorer are both...: Hi All,I have multiple 2016 RDS servers that are having an issue where only a couple of users are getting a large white bar at top of a maximized application/window Chrome & Explorer are both effected.I originally posted a question on these forums over two years ago and did...
  7. I have this white bar on the top and bottom of my games but not on Steam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this white bar on the top and bottom of my games but not on Steam: I just booted up my computer and started some games and with games off of Epic and Microsoft this bar wont go I have been trying to figure it out but cant seem to get it. Help? submitted by /u/TickledGizzard [link] [comments]...
  8. White bar at the bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White bar at the bottom of my screen: there is an annoying white line at the bottom of my screen when I hide my taskbar. the bar disappears when I enter an application, but reapers after exiting[ATTACH]...
  9. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs: I'm having an issue when certain programs are maximized (Firefox and Chrome) they cause a bar to appear at the top of them on a second monitor above the one the program is on. This bar appears over any window that's on the second monitor as long as the maximized program is in...
  10. Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen: A few of our clients have been calling us saying that on Windows Explorer, Edge, and Outlook, there's sometimes a gray/white bar cutting off the bottom of the page. It doesn't extend into the task bar, and only shows up in full screen. The only fix I've found is by pressing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white bar bottem windows

2. white bar on bottom of window when maximized

3. white bar bottom windows

4. white bar on the applications in windows 10,
  5. wide blank space at bottom of screen when window maximized,
  6. cant view bottom of a page when maximized,
  7. intermittent explorer displays border at top,
  8. windows 10 explorer white bar at bottom,
  9. task bar appears black intermittently when any application is maximized,
  10. windows 10 maximized window black bar bottom,
  11. bar covering top of maximized windows,